This banner text can have markup.
The Felician Sisters Enfield, CT in June of 2019 had the yearbooks digitized for your enjoyment. For those graduates that lost their yearbooks and in memory of the sisters that taught at the Academy and as part of its efforts to preserve Our Lady of the Angels Academy yearbooks for future generations.
For more than four decades, girls had a secondary school options and many opted to attend Our Lady of Angels Academy at 1315 Enfield St. Founded in 1944 by the Felician Sisters, the school was situated on a sprawling 32-acre campus which contained Longview, the former mansion of Thompsonville Carpet Company found Orrin Thompson, and a convent. At its peak, nearly 200 girls attended OLA but declining enrollment led to financial problems in the early 1980's.
In 1986, the school admitted boys for the first time and changed its name to Longview Catholic High School but enrollment continued to decline and the final graduations class of 19 seniors were awarded their diplomas on June 3, 1988.
The Felician Sisters campus as of 6/10/2019 is home to an adult daycare center, and in 2015, the Enfield Montessori School moved onto the property from its former home a quarter-mile away.
Robert James Ellis helped initiate and facilitate the scanning of the yearbooks.
No copyright statement found.
Uploaded by associate-rozelda-lacoss on