Skip to main content

tv   Stossel  FOX Business  October 21, 2016 9:00pm-10:01pm EDT

9:00 pm
illustration not of donald trump but an extremely biased unfair the low standard of journalism for example the story about jessica lynch. "the new york times" reads before they ran that story never confirm that they would have -- that they were on the same airplane. john: is a great baseball newspaper endorsements. the count is 147 for hillary clinton, six for gary johnson and two for trump. it's negative seven for people who say -- so there is no question we have never seen such a polarization between the candidate and the press. >> he does not represent the establishment. john: the sleazy things that is talking about, all these articles piling on. >> what they tell you -- lauria
9:01 pm
all read the democratic --. >> the words came out of his own mouth. >> i agree the words are folder. >> when women came orden said he did the same you would say oh no that's "the new york times." john: at one campaign rally clinton called trump supporter's deplorables. >> you could put half of trump supporters into what i call a basket of deplorables. the racist, sexist,, xenophobic, islamaphobia, you name it. john: she has tremendous hate in her heart and when she said deplorables she meant it. john: she has hate in her heart. >> so much hate. i disagree with you. i don't think she should have attached a number to the deplorables comment. i think saying hal
9:02 pm
we do know that there are some dark forces backing david trump and we have david duke on your side something is going wrong. >> as far as i know donald trump trump --. john: his responsibility is with people like him. >> he knows exactly who david duke is. how many muslims, latinos, women all minority groups have to come forward and say this man is all of the things that hillary benson said for you to accept the it? john: let me go to the next thing because coming up hillary clinton has solved their debt crisis. she is going to do what every democrat before her has done. >> we are going where the money is. we are going to ask the wealthy and corporations to pay their fair share. john: apparently you are not getting your fair share now that next we are going to talk about war. you like and since those trump
9:03 pm
is dangerous. >> a man you can -- with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons. i don't want to live with the uncertainties of hep c. or wonder whether i should seek treatment. i am ready. because today there's harvoni. a revolutionary treatment for the most common type of chronic hepatitis c. harvoni is proven to cure up to 99% of patients... ...who've had no prior treatment. it transformed treatment as the first cure that's... ...one pill, once a day for 12 weeks. certain patients... ...can be cured with just 8 weeks of harvoni. harvoni is a simple treatment regimen that's been prescribed to more than a quarter of a million patients. tell your doctor if you've had a liver transplant, other liver or kidney problems, hiv, or any other medical conditions, and about all the medicines you take
9:04 pm
including herbal supplements. taking amiodarone with harvoni may cause a serious slowing of your heart rate. common side effects of harvoni may include tiredness, headache and weakness. i am ready to put hep c behind me. i am ready to be cured. are you ready? ask your hep c specialist if harvoni is right for you.
9:05 pm
9:06 pm
9:07 pm
>> i would just bomb those. i would blow up every single inch. it would be nothing left. john: wow every single inch. hillary speaks more quietly but she is just as eager to go to war and maybe even more eager. >> we also have to intensify our airstrikes against isis. john: she wants a no-fly zone in syria. she is more of a hawk than most republicans. >> i was involved in a number of efforts to take out al qaeda leadership when i was secretary of state including of course taking out bin laden and i think we need to go after baghdadi is wealth and make that one of our organizing principles. john: make it one of our organizing principles to take on foreign leaders we consider a threat and bought more? how was i worked out? >> sheet to this day describes the intervention and libya which
9:08 pm
is the primary architect of best quote smart power at its best unquote. not only issue liberal hawk, she's a liberal hawk who doesn't learn from our mistakes and her own hubris. that's the biggest warning sign about her presidency more than anything else. she talks about no-fly zones as if they are magic tricks. john: they sound good. >> planes that have bombs and guns and other people that no one people that do want you to be there. i'm afraid she's going to blunder as president which is likely to be similar types of folly we have seen over the last 15 years. john: shoot down a russian plane. >> shoot down a resume. >> shootdown were some plain common data country, bomb more countries. john: by contrast the "washington post" calls non-trump -- child a noninterventionist. >> he certainly has made a strong case that foreign-policy should be based on what's best for american interests rather than expending american lives
9:09 pm
and treasure on nation-building across the globe but i'd like to follow-up on what you said because it's so important. the fact is that hillary clinton's record as secretary of state is disqualifying. the failed attempt reset relations issue social with the rush of the ongoing carnage in syria. more than all of that the inspectors general who work for obama and report on how these various departments of the government are working have put out some three dozen report showing that hillary clinton left the state department in shambles. it wasn't just the people at the post in benghazi they were secure, from pakistan to ethiopia lacks properly trained guards, lacked emergency training. she left the cybersecurity protection that allowed messages
9:10 pm
to be pulled from the embassy. john: is trump correct when he says this about secretary of state clinton? >> when you look at her real record, take a look at syria, take a look at the migration, take a look at libya, take a look at iraq. she gave us isis because her and obama created this huge vacuum. >> i do appreciate that she stopped calling her the founder of isis. this could have been an incredibly strong argument for donald trump if he made it effectively throughout the campaign. the problem is he has and then there's a reason the foreign-policy establishment made of liberals and conservatives and foreign-policy magazine u.s. and endorse anyone in half a century came out for her and michael chertoff etc. means donald trump's that dangerous. i think they would be more aligned with the republican on foreign policy. john: that's a big question when people vote for the president. that person watches nuclear
9:11 pm
weapons. whose judgment is best? >> i have much better judgment than her. i also have a much better temperament than she has. john: i am no hillary fan but it takes golf for trump to brag about his temperament. >> donald trump can even handle the rough-and-tumble of a presidential campaign. and man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons. john: betsy doesn't that bother you? >> no, we know that we can trust hillary clinton because on that night the diplomatic post in benghazi was attacked she did not respond. then she lied. john: the question is about trump. stop talking about her for a moment. he's got the button.
9:12 pm
>> i know that he azhar aziz surrounded himself with very good people. >> who? >> such as ambassador john bolton. john: e1 said he he was taking advice from himself. >> he said all the generals basically except the 200 or backing him he said icepack endorsed him. i.c.e. doesn't endorse people. >> they did endorse. i saw the endorsement. john: the candidates are family forced to address america's biggest problem, our growing debt. >> i'm cutting taxes to grow the economy. it's going to grow at a record rate. it's going to totally help you.
9:13 pm
9:14 pm
9:15 pm
there's no one road out there. no one surface... no one speed... no one way of driving on each and every road. but there is one car that can conquer them all, the mercedes-benz c-class. five driving modes let you customize the steering, shift points, and suspension to fit the mood you're in... and the road you're on. the 2016 c-class. lease the c300 for $369 a month at your local mercedes-benz dealer. we ship everything you atcan imagine.n, and everything we ship has something in common.
9:16 pm
whether it's expedited overnight... ...or shipped around the globe, ...it's handled by od employees who know that delivering freight... ...means delivering promises. od. helping the world keep promises.
9:17 pm
>> i pay for everything i'm proposing. i do not add a penny to the national debt. >> not a penny, wow. more than it trillion new dollars and not add to our debt. how will she do that? >> we are going where the money is. we are going to ask the wealthy and corporations to pay their fair share. john: you are not paying your fair share betsy. >> when she said she's going to make corporations pay their fair share of such demagoguery because corporations pay the highest business taxes in the world. even after although loopholes and deductions, 29% and they are leaving the country and taking the jobs with them largely because of the tax burden. john: matt, for all candidates this fantasy that you can get it from the rich and the rich are certainly rich. it seems like you could pay for everything. >> it's important to underscore
9:18 pm
how this lyme is that she repeats. if you do not propose a balanced budget you are adding a penny or more than a penny to the debt. unless i lack a certain economic imagination you are adding a penny to the debt. she is not proposing a balanced budget at all. john: and she will raise taxes to pay for it to the budget that she is proposed, it is not balance. >> of course it's not. when she ran against barack obama she said i don't want to raise taxes to fix social security because that's a bad thing for the common me. we have two parties right now but have abandoned all pretense is add realism about her 20 chilean national debt and entitlement. john: during an earlier debate donald trump rally sounded like he was concerned about our debt when he criticized hillary spending plan. >> you can't do what you are looking to do with 20 trillion in debt. the obama administration from the time they have come in is
9:19 pm
over 230 years worth of debt and he is double that in the course of almost eight years. john: trump is right about that. but trump is no better. he said he now wants to spend more on infrastructure, and more in the military and he won't touch entitlement. >> i'm cutting taxes. we are going to grow viacom -- grow the economy. john: it's going to grow the economy. >> it's impossible. you have to cut spending. you have to get either health care spending for social security. >> the next president will spend more money of her year on debt service than they will on the military. >> at the debate this week he said he is going up to six. he is adding $5.3 trillion to
9:20 pm
the debt. john: when chris wallace asked hillary about creating jobs she lodged onto a nauseating list of pandering. >> i want to do more to help small business, to raise theinie sure women get equal pay for the work we do make college debt-free. john: jessica you say it's just 200 million? >> million? >> it's been appraised by nonpartisan group. you are going to pay more money and if i get a raise i'm going to pay a lot more money. that's what's going to happen here and the world that she is envisioning is what bill clinton did on progressive steroids. it's an updated version but it's look at the appraisals, and she had's 200 million to the 5.3 trillion. >> the big difference is bill clinton has 3.5 to 4% growth and
9:21 pm
she's projecting 2% growth. john: who cares what they predict? >> the reason he is going to achieve growth is by cutting taxes. >> i'm really wondering what donald trump is going to do. >> raising corporate taxes who mean substantially lower growth. john: which in relation slows growth even more so the debt overhang like we have right now the congressional budget office warns us about it every single quarter. we haven't seen that level like this. we are experimenting with the national economy and what happens when you get debt at a certain level, it drags down growth and that is what we are witnessing right now. john: next come alive tonight it turns out hillary has public physicians in private physicians. she admits that. we could have a whole debate on
9:22 pm
hillary versus hillary did in fact we will, after the break. >> i'm going to be even tougher on the wall street banks. guess what guys, i switched to sprint.
9:23 pm
9:24 pm
sprint? i'm hearing good things about the network. all the networks are great now. we're talking within a 1% difference in reliability of each other. and, sprint saves you 50% on most current national carrier rates. save money on your phone bill, invest it in your small business. wouldn't you love more customers? i would definitely love some new customers. sprint will help you add customers and cut your costs. switch your business to sprint and save 50% on most current verizon, at&t and t-mobile rates. don't let a 1% difference cost you twice as much. whoooo! for people with hearing loss, visit sprintrelay.com. my dad gave me you know.ares,
9:25 pm
he ran that company. i get it. but you know i think you own too much. gotta manage your risk. an honest opinion is how edward jones makes sense of investing.
9:26 pm
john: two-thirds or more the public knows that hillary clinton is a liar pitch he can be trusted and now the two faces of hillary clinton are coming out. it's her wikileaks that she says one thing [bleep]. john: bull scene and cuts off the congressman when he says hillary is a liar. actually it was probably was the glitch but the transcripts to show hillary tells different stories to different people. when she talks privately with bankers. i have public physicians in private physicians.
9:27 pm
we needed debate between hillary and hillary select try something now on the campaign trail. she said this. >> we are going to tell companies that try to move jobs out of our country that if they try to they will have to pay an exit tax in return every penny, every penny. john: punish those companies. i don't like open trade she says trade she says and yet wikileaks reveals that when she speaks for $700,000 to the bank she said she is a big supporter of free trade. in fact my dream is the hemispheric common market with open trade and open borders. let's asked the panel what they think of this. libertarian matt welch republicans betsy mccaughey and democrats jessica tarlov. she is to face. >> first of all everyone skips over the fact that she says my
9:28 pm
dream is. we all especially politicians who know how hard it is to get things done in washington have have have to have ideals and things that they would like and be realistic about them. hillary pence needs to consolidate the democratic party after a tough challenge with bernie sanders. she had to go against tpp to win the nomination. when trump is riding high on this you talk about a man who ran on that muslim band, no more muslim band. john: you must like her a lot. >> i love her. >> can you assure the american people you didn't say anything in those speeches that would undermine your promise to be tough on wall street? >> absolutely. john: she just light preaches that all kinds of things in the speeches that wall street loves and progresses hey. for example she's critical of some bank regulation. she said banks are not doing
9:29 pm
what they need to do because they are scared of regulations. credit is not flowing the way it needs to to restart economic growth. she was right. she said when it comes to financial regulations that banks need to help us figure it out and make sure we do it right. the people that know the industry better than anybody are the people who work in the industry. that's true but she would never say that at her rallies. at her rallies she says this. >> i'm going to be even tougher on the wall street banks. john: i guess all politicians do that. just lie to please once you are with. >> has francesco was saying she has faced the insurgency under left flank bernie sanders. what makes me really sad notches about hillary but the state of the democratic party what makes them excited is let's pretend to throw every bank or in jail. it's not the civil liberties.
9:30 pm
it's not ending the drug war. it's not a more humble in our foreign policy approach. sadly for me and a lot of libertarians this is the only thing we can possibly like about hillary is what she says to to bankers and even there with a caveat. i don't want thanks to write the revelations either. i want there to be regulations and much less corporatism. john: should we believe she meant it when she's being paid to speak? >> we shouldn't believe a politician period and we shouldn't certainly believe hillary clinton. when the going gets tough she lies about her on record serially and without any sense of compunction. >> the most dangerous of these wikileaks demonstrate how she sold out american interest in order to benefit the clinton foundation. for examples signing off on a deal that allowed 25% of the nation's uranium supply to be in russian hands. that's very disturbing. john: next our panelists and my
9:31 pm
best and worst moments from the debate.
9:32 pm
upgrade your phone system and learn how you could save at vonage.com/business
9:33 pm
9:34 pm
9:35 pm
john: we are back live art in about the election. the election. i asked our panel is to tell us their best and worst moments from the most recent debate. jessica said her best moment was hillary speaking up or abortion rights. >> i will defend roe v. wade and i will defend women's rights to make their own health care decisions. john: this is that important to you? >> is very important to me and also important to a majority of women and men in america. when we were discussing before we came back wherever you fall on the debate here i thought it was a very thoughtful and impassioned defense of our right to choose and after the language donald trump used where he said rip the baby out before it's due that it was important for a major nominee to talk that way. john: important to democrats. >> important to more than democrats actually. it's important to libertarians.
9:36 pm
john: you don't want people to have a right to choose their school? >> on the slave charter schools do not take away from the strength of public schools i'm all for it. john: democrats are anti-choice except about abortion. >> i don't agree again i think you are twisting this segment because you rock up my moment about unions. john: you are not allowed to pay people what they want choose your kid schools. i want to work on the choice word. it's not about pro-choice. >> it's a woman's right to control her body, how about that? john: your favorites favorites, i'm in your least favorite moment. >> just because i know was going to happen after this one trump said he wasn't going to accept the results of election and chris wallace tries to give him
9:37 pm
make you made there. can you hear me? he's like no, no and do i believe anyone except the results? john: chris gave him a chance. >> chris was buried there about that because he knew would big deal was going to be and what a historic moment because none nominee had done that. he gave them another chance of a double down on it. i think you will foment a lot of unrest after the election. john: matt said that was his worst moment but he had another one from hillary. >> i won't add a penny to the debt. i do not add a penny to the national debt. john: she said it three times. she must mean it. >> barack obama in 2000 when he talked about i'm going to enact a net spending cut and he repeated it as often and of course we didn't have anything remotely like that. to say this when you are not proposing a balanced budget just doesn't make any sense in many
9:38 pm
about it so many things, she's going to add medicare eligibility for people 55 years old if they jump -- want to join in. where are we going to cut money so we can afford this stuff? john: you can't just pay for this by taxing people more. maybe this is just good politics because when you talk cuts you don't get elected. >> the interesting thing is in private and one of the wiki week us and some bold plan for reducing the death which in washington hasn't it in the cat food plan because elderly people that's all they will be able to afford under simpson-bowles. >> from 1995 in obama's first term there were state of the union addresses bipartisan of both sides addressing long-term entitlement and that. it's a problem we need to fix fx it. barack obama stop talking about that i'm bernie sanders made sure he stopped talking about it. the democratic party that
9:39 pm
platform said it. a horrifying thing as the next question to donald trump showed a season fantasyland too. he thinks we can tax cut our way out of our entitlement problem. john: your cat food metaphor is bad because food costs more than people food. >> my favorite was hillary clinton when the temperament question came up and the "access hollywood" tape richie pivoted from fair to several moments throughout the campaign that donald trump has behaved appallingly about people singling them out specifically the one which is the low paint paint -- pointed point of the campaign we singled out judge curio because his parents happen to be from mexico and he wouldn't be able to judge fairly in a case. you are assigning collective guilt to an entire bunch of people. this is the lowest in nasty as part of the donald trump selling
9:40 pm
proposition. >> that's why republicans lead up finally but the judge curio comment. john: betsy said her favorite comment was about partial-birth. >> you can rip the baby out of the womb at the mother just prior to the birth of the baby. when you can say that that's okay and hillary can say that that's okay but it's not okay with me. >> most americans believe the partial-birth abortion is not okay. what bothered me was when mrs. clinton lied on the stage and said partial-birth abortions are done when a woman's health is in danger. in fact the -- institute has shown that partial birth late-term abortions are done for the same reasons all other abortions are done. john: your best moment was
9:41 pm
hillary and your worst moment was hillary's riff on gun control. here's part of that. >> dozens of toddlers injured themselves and even kill people with guns. john: thank you betsy mccaughey, matt welch and jessica tarlov. my favorite moment was when the moderator chris wallace pushed them on the biggest problem. >> the biggest driver of our debt is entitlement which is 60% of all federal spending. the committee for federal responsible federal budget has looked at both of your plans and they say neither a few -- john: he went on to neither of them will pull their heads out of the sand. i'm glad the audience got to see that. my worst moment was the whole debate. when we come back my further rant about how this election is not a choice. it offers us no real choice.
9:42 pm
recently, a 1954 mercedes-benz grand prix race car made history when it sold for a record price of just under $30 million. and now, another mercedes-benz makes history selling at just over $30,000. and to think this one actually has a surround-sound stereo. the 2016 cla. lease the cla250 for $299 a month at your local mercedes-benz dealer. mercedes-benz. the best or nothing.
9:43 pm
[aand i've never seen a rocketge ship take off like this. [owner] i'm lindsey. i'm the founder of ezpz. my accountant... ...he's almost like my dad in this weird way. yeah, i'm proud of you. you actually did some of the things i asked you to do the other day (laughs). [owner] ha, ha, ha. [accountant] i've been able to say, okay... ...here's the challenges you're going to have. and we can get it confirmed through our quickbooks. and what steps are we going to use to beat these obstacles before they really become a problem. [announcer] get 30 days free at quickbooks.com
9:44 pm
(announcer vo) the new pixel phone by google. only on verizon. okay, google, show me korean restaurants in boulder? (google assistant) i found a few places. (announcer vo) the only network than can power the first phone with the new google assistant, unlimited photo storage, and a stunning vr experience. how is this possible? (announcer vo) so buy a pixel, only on verizon, and get up to $300 back. and right now get four lines and 20 gigs for just $160 with no surprise overages. all on america's best network. yeahashtag "stuffy nose."old. hashtag "no sleep." i got it. hashtag "mouthbreather." yep. we've got a mouthbreather.
9:45 pm
well, just put on a breathe right strip and ... pow! it instantly opens your nose up to 38% more than cold medicine alone. so you can breathe ... and sleep. shut your mouth and say goodnight mouthbreathers. breathe right. john: millions of americans could run for president and we end up with these two? she is a power-hungry liar who wants to smother us and rules. he is a selfish sexist bully who loves orange. what is their choice? >> their candidate comes close
9:46 pm
to representing my views and at this week's presidential debate there was drama, nasty exchanges. there was everything except a real choice. and i agree, this election is a trick. it just provides the illusion of choice. on that debate stage, more issues than not trump and clinton were in near total agreement. both oppose free trade. >> nafta one of the worst deals ever. their jobs are being out of our economy. >> we will have that prosecutor for the first time in history. john: a trade prosecutor, great. the benefits are not controversial among economists. yes there are some losers but there are many more winners. yet you two are so eager for panther for votes that you will deny this? both trump and clinton believe i wanted to build walls and closing our borders.
9:47 pm
>> i voted for border security in the united states senate. john: she voted for a while too and her sis 300-mile shorter than the one trump wants. neither candidate wants to end our horrible drug war. their need and want to legalize weed. neither candidate will say a word of warning about government spying on us. both candidates want to increase bombing in the middle east. >> i would bomb the [bleep] out of them. >> we would have to enter five -- intensifier airstrikes against isis. john: to a different tone but the same meaning. finally even though entitlements are bankrupting america of these two proposed a new one, paid time off from work if you have a child. >> a national system of paid family leave. >> a crucial safety net for working mothers. john: i guess i will have to add that to all the other entitlements. both hillary and trump say that they will not not cut up any of those. in fact hillary wants to spend more on social security and other things.
9:48 pm
all for new spending won't add a penny to the national debt. >> maybe she meant that literally. john: this week the alternative to trump and clinton libertarian gary johnson had a nice reception on the jimmy kimmel show. kimmel's audience liked this point. >> let's stop involving ourselves as world policeman. a pasta. john: unfortunately camel's audience is tiny compared to the number of people who watched the presidential debate. when ross perot ran as a third-party candidate he was allowed in the debates. perot's polling was the same as johnson's but now republicans and democrats control the debate and they don't want outsiders they are. too bad, it would have been good to have heard from a candidate who offered us a choice as gillespie put it. a democrat and republican express the full range of diversity in a country that
9:49 pm
celebrates choice in everything but politics. >> we are stuck with these two. john: they are in agreement. they will spend more of your money and take more of your freedom. all we can do is hope that the checks and balances in the constitution might slow the process long enough for the people to wake up. that's our show. thanks for watching. monday. >> winning the presidency, what does that take? a strong debate. >> i'm paying for this microphone. >> this is all theatre. it's theatre and politics. it's trying to get people to come in to the theatre and take a look, see if they like your play. >> yes, we can. >> you have to learn to see campaigns through the lens of the camera. >> campaigns are made of moments that everyone remembers. >> the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull, lipstick. >> there you go again. >> where's the beef? >> senator, you're no kennedy.
9:50 pm
>> commerce, education, and the -- what's the third one there? oops. >> tonight we take you behind
9:51 pm
9:52 pm
9:53 pm
9:54 pm
9:55 pm
9:56 pm
9:57 pm
9:58 pm
9:59 pm
10:00 pm

83 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on