Skip to main content

tv   Outnumbered  FOX News  January 11, 2017 9:00am-10:01am PST

9:00 am
little tougher than before they start, or before they make an announcement. so i want to thank united technologies. but we've been meeting with a lot of companies. but what really is happening is the word is now out. that when you want to move your plant to mexico or some other place, and you want to fire all of your workers from michigan and ohio and all of these places that i won, for good reason, it's not going to happen that way anymore. you want to move your plant, and you think as an example you're going to build that plant in mexico, and you are going to make your air conditioners or your cars or whatever you are making, and you are going to sell through what will be a very, very strong border, not a weak border like it is now, we don't even have a border, it's an open save, but you are going to sell through a very strong border, is not going to happen. you're going to pay a very large border tax. so if you want to move to another country, and if you want to fire all of our great american workers that got you there in the first place, you
9:01 am
can move from michigan to tennessee and to north carolina and south carolina, you can move from south carolina back to michigan, you can do anywhere, you've got a lot of states at play, a lot of competition, so it's not like oh, gee, i'm taking a lot of competition. we've got a lot of laces you can move. and i don't care, as long as it's within the united states, the borders of the united states. there will be a major border tax on these companies that are leaving and getting away with murder, and if our politicians had what it takes, they would have done this years ago, and you would have millions more workers right now in the united states that are 96 million really wanting a job and they can't get, you know that story, the real number. that's the real number. so that's the way it is, go ahead. >> i also want to ask about something you said on twitter this morning, are we living in nazi germany? what were you driving out there?
9:02 am
do you have a problem with the intelligence committee? and on the supreme court, what is your timeline, have you conducted those interviews, what is your timeline for nominating? and on the border fence, it now appears clear u.s. taxpayers will have to pay for it upfront, what is your plan to get mexico to pay for it? >> president-elect trump: do you have any more? on the fence, it's not a fence, it's a wall. you just misreported it. we are going to build a wall. i could wait about a year and a half until we finish our negotiations with mexico, which will start immediately after we get to office, but i don't want to wait. mike pence is leading an effort to get final approvals through various agencies and through congress for the wall to begin. i don't feel like waiting a year or a year and a half, i want to start building. mexico in some form, and there are many different forms, will reimburse us, and they will reimburse us for the cost of the wall.
9:03 am
that will happen. whether it's a tax, whether it's a payment, probably less likely that it's a payment, but it will happen. so remember this, okay. i would say we are going to build a wall, and people would go crazy. i would then say, who is going to pay for the wall? and people would all scream out, 25, 30,000 people, because nobody has ever had crowds like trump has had, you know that, you don't like to report that, but that is okay. now he agrees, finally he agrees. i say who is going to pay for the wall? and they will scream out, mexic mexico! now, reports went out last week mexico is not going to pay for the wall because of a reimbursement. what is the difference? i want to get the wall started. i don't want to wait a year and a half until i make my deal with mexico. and we probably will have a deal sooner than that. by the way, mexico has been so nice, so nice, i respect the government of mexico. i respect the people of mexico, i love the people of mexico.
9:04 am
many from people for mexico work for me and they are phenomenal people. the government of mexico is terrific. i don't blame them for what's happened. i don't blame them for taking advantage of the united states. i wish our politicians were so smart. mexico has taken advantage of the united states. i don't blame the representatives and various presidents, et cetera, of mexico. what i say is, we shouldn't have allowed that to happen. it's not going to happen anymore. so, in order to get the wall started, mexico will pay for the wall. but it will be reimbursed. supreme court judge. so, as you know i have a list of 20. i've gone through them. we have met with numerous candidates. they are outstanding in every case. they were largely recommended and highly recommended by federalists setup society, jim was also very much involved in this group, which was fantastic,
9:05 am
and he is a fantastic guy. so between leo and jim dement and some senators and some congresspeople, we have a great group of people. i will be making the decision on who we will put up for justice of the united states supreme court, a replacement for the great, great justice scalia, that will probably be within two weeks of the 20th. so within about two weeks, probably the second week. i consider the first day, because we will also be doing some pretty good signings, and i think what we'll do is we will wait until monday, that will be our really first business day, as opposed to doing it on friday, because on friday people are going to have a very good time at the inauguration. and then saturday, as you know, we are having a big church service and lots of good things are happening. so our first day, and you will all be invited to the signings, but we will be doing some pretty good signings on monday and tuesday and wednesday and thursday and friday, and then
9:06 am
also the next week, and you are all invited. but on the supreme court, i will be making that decision, and it will be a decision that i very strongly believe in. i think it's one of the reasons i got elected. i think the people of this country did not want to see what was happening with the supreme court, so i think it was a very, very big decision as to why i was elected. >> the tweet that you had this morning about living in nazi germany, what were you driving at? >> president-elect trump: i think it was disgraceful, disgraceful, that the intelligence agencies allowed any information that turned out to be so false and fake out. i think it's a disgrace. and i say that, and i say that, and that is something that nazi germany would have done and did do. i think it's a disgrace. that information that was false and fake and never happened got released to the public. as far as "buzzfeed," which is a failing pile of garbage, writing
9:07 am
it, i think they're going to suffer the consequences, they already are. as far as cnn going out of their way to build it up, and by the way, we just found out, michael cohen is a very talented lawyer, a good lawyer at my firm, he has just reported that it wasn't this michael: they were talking about. so all night long it's michael cohen. i want to see her passport, he brings his passport to my office. i say hey, wait a minute, he didn't leave the country, he wasn't out of the country. they had michael cohen of the trump organization was in prague. it turned out to be a different michael cohen. it's a disgrace what took it's a disgrace, and i think they ought to apologize, to start with, michael cohen. >> since you are attacking us, can you give us a question? >> president-elect trump: not you, not you, your organization is terrible. >> since you are attacking our news organization, can you give us a chance to ask a question sir? >> president-elect trump: she's asking a question, don't be rude.
9:08 am
>> you are attacking us, can we give you what can you give us a question? >> president-elect trump: i am not going to give you a question, you are fake news. >> sir, can you state categorically, mr. president-elect, that is not appropriate. >> do you think president obama went too far with the sanctions he put on russia after the hacking? and what will you roll them back, and what you think of lindsey graham's plan to send you a bill -- >> president-elect trump: for what? i haven't heard one's grandma's going do that. i've been competing with him for a long time lindsey graham. he is going to crack that 1% barrier one day. i didn't realize lindsey graham is still at it, it's all right, i think he is a nice guy, actually, i have heard he is a nice guy, and i have been hearing it. go ahead, you've been waiting. >> as far as we understand in
9:09 am
the intelligence committee are still looking at these allegations as false news as you describe it. if they come back with any kind of conclusions that any of it stands up, that any of it is true, when you consider your position? >> president-elect trump: there's nothing to consider. >> with fake news and all the problems we've seen throughout the media over the course of the election, what reforms do you recommend for this industry? >> president-elect trump: i don't recommend reforms, i recommend people that have some moral compass. you know, i've been hearing more and more about a thing called fake news and they are talking about people that go and say all sorts of things. but i will tell you, some of the media outlets that i deal with our fake news, more so than anybody, i could name them, but
9:10 am
i won't bother. but you have a few sitting right in front of us. so they are very, very dishonest people. but i think it is just something we are going to have to live with. i guess the advantage i have is that i can speak back. when it happens to somebody that doesn't have this emma doesn't have that kind of a megaphone, they can't speak back, it's a very sad thing. i have seen people destroyed, i have seen people absolutely destroyed, and i think it's very unfair. so all i can ask for his honest reporters. >> i just wanted to follow-up on the question about the u.s. intelligence community and be very clear about what you are saying. do you trust your u.s. intelligence officials? and what do you say to foreign policy experts who say you are actually weakening national security by waging this war of words against that community? >> president-elect trump: intelligence agencies are vital and very, very important. we are going to be putting in, as you know, mike pompeo and others, you know the senator,
9:11 am
dan coats, we are going to be putting in some outstanding people. within 90 days, they are going to be coming back to me with a major report on hacking, and i want them to cover the situation, i also want them, however, to cover maybe most importantly, because we are hacked by everybody. you know, the united states, our government, out of a list of 17 in terms of protection, it's the worst, number 17. if you look at the retail industry, if you look at the banking industry, various industries. out of 17 industries, they put us in the category of an industry, the united states is last in terms of protecting, let's say hacking defense. like we had a great hacking defense at the republican national committee, that is why we were attacked. by the way, we were told they were trying to hack us. but they weren't able to hack, and i think i get some credit, because i told reince priebus, and he did a phenomenal job, but
9:12 am
i said i want strong hacking defense. the democratic national committee didn't do that, maybe that is why the country run so badly that way. but i will tell you, wait, let me finish. within 90 days, we will be coming up with a major report on hacking defense. how do we stop this new phenomenon, fairly new phenomenon, because the united states is hacked by everybody. that includes russia, and china, and everybody. everybody. okay. go ahead. >> mr. president-elect, you said just now that you believe that russia, indeed, was responsible for the hacking of the dnc and john podesta's email's, et cetera. >> president-elect trump: there could have been others also. >> before simply getting the facts and then making a public state and why did you undermine? >> president-elect trump: i think it's pretty sad when
9:13 am
intelligence reports get leaked out to the press, either get sad. first of all, it's illegal. these are classified and certified meetings and reports. and i will tell you what does happen. i have many meetings with intelligence. and every time i meet, people are reading about it. somebody is leaking it out. so i said, maybe it's my office, maybe my office. because i have a lot of people, a lot of great people. maybe it's them. and what i did as i said, i won't tell anybody, we are going to have a meeting, and i won't tell anybody about my meeting. with intelligence. and what happened is, i had my meeting, nobody knew, not even my executive assistant for years. she didn't know, i didn't tell her. nobody knew. the meeting was had, the meeting was over, they left, and immediately the word got out that i had a meeting. so, i don't want that. i don't want that. it's very unfair to the country, it's very unfair to our country.
9:14 am
what has happened. that report should have never, first of all it shouldn't have been printed, because it's not worth the paper that it's written on, and i think "the new york times" for saying that, i think a lot of different people for saying that, but i will tell you, that should never, ever happen. >> thank you, mr. president-elect. can you stand here today once and for all and say that no one connected to you or your campaign had any contact with russia leading up to, or during the presidential campaign, and if you indeed do believe that russia was behind hacking, what is our message to vladimir putin right now? >> president-elect trump: he shouldn't be doing it, he won't be doing it. russia will have much greater respect for our country when i'm leaving it then when other people have let it. you will see that. russia will expect respect our country more. he shouldn't have done it, i don't believe he will be doing it more now. we have to work something out, but it's not just russia. take a look at what has
9:15 am
happened, you don't report it the same way. 22 million accounts were hacked. by china. and that is because we have no defense. that is because we are run by people that don't know what they are doing. russia will have far greater respect for our country when i am leaving it. and i believe, and i hope, maybe it won't happen, it's possible, but i won't be given a little reset button like hillary. here, presses piece of plastic. the guy looked at her like, what is she doing? there is no reset button. we are either going to get along or we are not. i hope we get along, but if we don't, that's possible, too. but russia and other countries, and other countries, including china, which has taken total advantage of us economically, totally advantage of us in the south china sea by building their massive fortress. total. russia, china, japan, mexico, all countries will respect us far more, far more, than they do
9:16 am
under past administrations. i want to thank everybody. so, this is all, just so you understand, these papers, because i'm not sure that was explained properly. but these papers are all just a piece of the many, many companies that are being put into trust to be run by my two sons, and i hope by at the end of eight years i will come back and say oh, you did a good job. otherwise if they do a bad job, i will say, you're fired. good-bye, everybody. >> and with that, it appears that the news conference, the first formal one for the president-elect, is wrapping up, he is still obviously in the room, donald trump firing back, and there has been some shouting between him and the media in the room, the president-elect again, his first news conference since his election victory. he began with the leaked report that russia may have compromising information on him, calling it fake news, a disgrace
9:17 am
that it had been let out. this is "outnumbered," i'm harris faulkner. here today is sandra smith meghan mccain, fox news political and legal analyst, eboni williams, and today's #oneluckyguy, right on time, political anchor and anchor of "special report," bret baier. he is outnumbered, by the way, timely new book, it is called three days in january. dwight eisenhower's final mission delivers in gripping detail of presidential farewell and transition that still resonates all these years later, i will tell you what is resonating right now, this current transition. >> that was some thing to watch, isn't it? that was something to watch. if that is a forecast of what we are going to see in the press compasses to come from the white house, we are in for quite some thing. first of all, i think what was most striking is one, this is the first time he has said yes, russia was behind the sink. two, that it is not going to be
9:18 am
smooth sailing for vladimir putin, we will see if he gets along, if he does, that's great. three, that the separation of the business, and how he stepped aside and let the lawyer come on and explain how he is going to do it. it is not going to be good enough for everybody. >> which was a bit of a surprise. >> bret: but it was impressive impressive. >> let's begin with the explosive news conference that you were just talking about, it just wrapped up, they are exiting now. president-elect donald trump not holding back as he went after the unsubstantiated reports that the russians may have compromising financial and personal information on him. watch. >> it's all fake news, it's phony stuff. it didn't happen. and it was gotten by opponents of ours, as you know, because you reported it, and so did many of the other people. it was a group of opponents i got together, sick people. and they put that together. i read what was released, and i
9:19 am
think it was a disgrace, i think it's an absolute disgrace. >> harris: this was just moments ago, mr. trump also said that if america's intelligence agencies did leaked the information, it would be " "blot on the record." in bright red he said at one point, fake news, and some of the people who are perpetrating this are in the front, i'm not going to call names, but they are in the front row at this news conference. and then there was shouting back and forth. >> bret: yeah, that was the moment that was most tense, obviously, in this news conference. in the pushback was hard. he said that did not happen, this is all unbelievable that it's out there, that news organizations would put it out there. he went into detail, that last question he did not answer, about anybody specifically in his organization, whether they had any ties with russia or any communication with emma but he pushed back really hard on all
9:20 am
of these allegations. and went after the news organizations, as he has done before. >> harris: he started out the news conference by saying, so se of the aston, i don't know if it was john roberts, the first question, but he said the reason why he hasn't held a news conference in quite a while is because of fake news. and here we were today. it just became the biggest story out of that news conference. >> bret: listen, he talks above the heads of reporters a lot of times with twitter. and he has in 140 characters or less communicated his message almost every day to the point that we in the media are following it religiously. >> you know, one thing you have talked about so much on the couches russia, so i want to get a little bit of what the president-elect said about vladimir putin, the russian president, helping him. watch. >> on that intelligence report, the second part of their conclusion was commended for vladimir putin order it because he aspired to help you in the
9:21 am
election. do you accept that part of the finding, and will you undo what president obama did to punish the russians for this or will you keep it in place? >> if putin likes donald trump, i consider that an asset, not a liability. >> meghan: you know, the problem with this specific new cycle is i still have legitimate concerns and questions about donald trump and rex tillerson's ties to russia. the problem is, "buzzfeed" has now turned all of this into a fake news story. it was an unsubstantiated report from an alleged am i six agent, it was all over the internet, completely salacious, and disgusting for all of us to cover, i had to do it live on the radio last night, and it really has hurt the legitimate questions that a lot of people have. and when you're talking about fake news, i take such offense at the idea that i don't know what buzz feed is doing, could probably get in the head of their editor, but he has hurt the legitimate concerns of the intelligence community and people have concerns about russia come alive blasting all of the trash all over the internet. >> bret: we should point out that that was being pumped
9:22 am
during the summer of last summer, operatives were kind of pushing that that same paper around. >> i had heard rumors about this for a while, and i think a lot of other journalists i know had as well, but again, it's of substantiated reports, they couldn't be confirmed. >> i think over the summer, bret is absolutely right, journalist, as absolute actual journalists, news organizations decided there was a threshold of credibility that must be met. what i see "buzzfeed" doing is taking us on a very slippery and dangerous slope that says, and i think they said in the statement, this is where we see our role in 2017. i hear them saying, and i'm not judging, but this is what i hear them saying, we are not even making an effort to uphold any kind of objectivity or credibility or vetting thresholds anymore. we are going to throw everything against the kitchen sink and see what sticks. >> bret: let's be clear, "buzzfeed" was not alone, they were the only news organization that did this.
9:23 am
they did it in a way that was just obvious. >> he refused to take a question from a cnn reporter and said "you are fake news." >> it feels like karmic retribution in a weird way for all of the years of the liberal media really taking extra shots, having such incredibly biased reporting. and to me, living through this for so long, reporters have got to start actually doing their jobs, and not just having a bias and a prism from which they see republicans and conservatives, and there is a complete and total breakdown and distrust, specifically with republicans in the media right now. and we are in such an incredibly dangerous place, and i look at people like you, actual journalists doing their jobs, it is unbelievable. >> canopy walked back? that is a legitimate question i had. as we move forward as a generation, will people again have bret baier, have the walter cronkite's, the journalist that they can say, i can trust and believe because this is a
9:24 am
professional and ethical obligation at this individual has undertaken. >> one thing i would say and i think you agree with this, we sift through a lot of information is journalists that we have to vet and go through, and social media has brought that added responsibility into our lives. >> bret: it's is a double edge sword. because a buzz don't act "buzzfeed" just put the highlight on what we are already doing, and it is time consuming. but it has to be done anyway, and we have to go through that, and sometimes it's a continuum and so we end up saying this is what we know today and we will update and update and update. what this does, to me, is it makes it and also against him. and that's a problem. because now you've got to watch for those 140 characters. i don't know how often he will do this, but a shoutfest like that, i don't know who that really benefits. the administration via sean spicer said yesterday, because he was here, the white house press secretary incoming, said we want more voices. what is going to look like? so then our role changes in general. >> bret: i think our role is
9:25 am
to ask tough questions, is to get answers, i think you're exactly right on social media. i answer a lot of emails and posts and twitter tweets that say, why are you covering this? not because it is not true is why. so he spent a lot of your time sifting through some of that. i think the media and the relationship with this white house is yet to be determined. and i think spicer has some thoughts about it, but so does the president-elect, soon to be president, and i think this is an example of something that you're going to see going forward. >> i wonder what their reaction was in that room when all of this was going down? sean spicer, reince priebus, kellyanne conway was in the room. >> bret: they're mad, they're mad that it went to this point. they're mad, i think, that they are having to deal with this. but, frankly, this pushback, as you mention, takes awayous quess and concerns. >> also, i think jim acosta the cnn reporter stop being so contentious as morning when you have made such a blunder, and
9:26 am
again, russia, it's a great concern of mine and i feel like all the concerns are going at the wayside because "buzzfeed" and cnn completely blew it. >> and at the same time, rex tillerson was at his confirmation hearing. >> here's the thing, i think there is an added question, and you really brought this up, i think the american people are going to have to ask themselves when they are reading stuff on social media or getting it other places, is this coming from a journalist? or is this coming from the media in the broader sense? because i think those are two distinctive roles that we are going to have to, for better or worse, define more clearly moving forward. >> it was a busy news conference, and president-elect donald trump was also taken questions on a range of other issues, and announcing his plan to separate himself from his business empire. it was expected, but he did address many of the questions about possible conflict of interest, listen. >> my two sons, who are right here, don and eric, are going to
9:27 am
be running the company. they are going to be running it in a very professional manner. they are not going to discuss it with me. again, i don't have to do this. they are not going to discuss it with me. and with that, i'm going to bring up sherry, and she is going to go through these papers, these papers are just some of the many documents that i've signed turning over complete and total control to my sons. because all of his business has come all of his investments go into a trust. >> that was sort of a prop, i guess come out all the paperwork. he brought the lawyer up to expand exactly how this is all going to happen and how there is no conflict of interest. she pointed to all of the documents and said, this is what we are going through right now. >> bret: i thought it was actually pretty well done, the separation, bringing her up, explaining it. there are still questions, i think that is the biggest thing about this new billionaire businessman who is now going to be president. he is a real estate developer, it is not easy to disconnect
9:28 am
from that kind of a state. so i think they're trying to figure out the best way to do it and to convince the american people that it is not going to be a conflict. but in washington, there will always be questions about this part. and there will be people who say it's not good enough, but i think it was pretty impressive. >> even nelson rockefeller who was vice president with gerald ford, and it was alluded to today even earlier, you've got rex tillerson who is on the hill today testifying, you've got this from donald trump, who is talking about divesting from his companies. the rockefellers obviously had a lot of money, so even back in the '70s this was an issue, and even though they addressed it, it was asked about. >> bret: go back further, and the president i have been studying recently, eisenhower had a cabinet that they called eight millionaires and a plumber, because he had businessman and the head of the plumbing association was his labor secretary.
9:29 am
but the secretary of defense was the ceo of general motors. and they had the same kind of disconnect questions. but nothing this complex with the developer like donald trump. >> i have a question for you actually. our money had on the couch. >> money. >> that's good, right? bret talked about the showmanship of what we saw today, see bring out the attorney, you separate that from the rest of the news conference. what impressed you about what she said? >> she was citing laws put in place by congress as to why there is no conflict of interest, and it was very strategic for him to lay out his plans using his lawyers and the law firm he has employed, rather than him trying to do that himself. because in my opinion, this concern is never going to go away, because this is the first time we've really had a deal with this. this is unprecedented in this public way. >> is not going to be satiated by just one lawyer coming up in doing this, but i agree it's going to go a long way. personally i could have done without the visual.
9:30 am
but i will applaud her, i thought the most powerful thing she did was address the questions about people had about why not a blind trust, why not selling everything off? so you anticipate the conceit continued and concerns about that and you get in front of it and that's very good. >> this question about the constitutionality, because she said that mr. trump went further than he needed to do her what was called upon. what was she talking about? >> so she is legally right, and i have said this before, this is not new. he doesn't have a legal conflict of interest, but he even acknowledged, and i was listening for him to say this, and he gave it to me today, he understands what it looks like. he understands the appearance of impropriety. because he is acknowledging that, he is trying to behave in a way that reflects that. so -- >> bret: the emoluments clause of the constitution is really not been tested. nobody has really gone there. so i think they are trying to lay the groundwork to say, we are doing all that we can.
9:31 am
this is uncharted territory. >> also important to point out ivanka's role, she will relinquish all management authority, and she was standing there with donald trump sons, who of course will be taking over the businesses. "buzzfeed," as you just saw, under fire for publishing a document detailing unverified allegations about ties between president-elect donald trump and russia. they say they want americans to be able to make up their own minds. but does this raise questions about journalistic ethics? and mr. trump speaking out about one of his biggest campaign promises, his plan to build a border wall, not offense, a wall. his timeline, and how he plans to get mexico to pay for it.
9:32 am
9:33 am
9:34 am
the lexus rx, rx hybrid and rx f sport. this is the rx...elevated. get up to $5,000 customer cash on select 2016 models. see your lexus dealer.
9:35 am
>> the president-elect addressing "buzzfeed" moments ago under fire for its decision to publish a 35 page document detailing unverified allegations
9:36 am
about ties between russia and president-elect donald trump. the editor-in-chief of the online news site saying in an email to his reporters, "americans can make up their own mind about allegations about the president-elect that has circulated at the highest levels of the u.s. government. publishing this document was not an easy or simple call, it reflects how we see the job of reporters in 2017." "buzzfeed" did warn readers it was unable to independently confirm the allegations, and that the report contains errors. several other news outlets refused to cover the contests contents for those very reasons, including "the new york times." the executor vendors saying, "we, like others, investigated the allegations and haven't corroborated them, and we felt were not in the business of publishing things we can't stand by." mr. trump mentioning it at the top of his news conference and thanking those in the media who did not publish. >> i want to thank a lot of the news organizations here today. because they looked at that nonsense that was released by
9:37 am
maybe the intelligence agencies, who knows, but maybe the intelligence agencies, which would be a tremendous blot on the record, if they, in fact, did that. a tremendous blot. because a thing like that should have never been written, it should never have been had, and it should never have been released. >> i'm going to go to you first, bret. what it remind me of is when my brother sends me alien conspiracy theory web site saying, we have these facts, you decide. we can't verify anything, we can't tell you of this is real or not. you decide. i'm not a journalist, i am a commentator. i'm not here to do reporting. why would "buzzfeed" end up deciding to publish this? >> bret: i read the letter that they put out, and i don't know the answer to that. i don't know why other news organizations decided to list the details of what was in there instead of just talking about
9:38 am
the controversy and the push back. i think we are witnessing here a major push back by not only president-elect trump but his people. apparently right after this news conference there was a confrontation between sean spicer and the cnn reporter there, and i think there is going to be some tension about this. but on the flip side, you have to realize that we in the media, all of us, and there are good reporters all over the place, have to be able to ask tough questions and try to get the answers. it's going to be a balancing act in going forward with this administration. >> here's my issue, though, with the paradigm of i am just going to put it out there and let the people decide. i think that's fair enough in theory. i don't get works in practicality, because you cannot unring the bell. when you put certain images, certain things, certain speculation out there and it's unverified and you acknowledge you can't verify it, you can't really stand behind it, what are
9:39 am
we really expecting americans to do around that? i almost think we're putting them in a bit of unfair position. >> can i ask you a legal question? what is the threshold when this becomes a legal issue? >> eboni: now we are talking but i guess maybe slander and libel would be the legal themes. >> and he's president-elect sewing very public. as before right, so the more public you are you have the less legal protections around these things. if it's a flat out lied, then now you are triggering the legal questions, but you talk about accountability, and the president-elect was asked about that as the news conference. >> i think at some form in another, of reporter asked him, do you plan to reform the press corps in any way? something like that, i can't use the exact words, he didn't answer the question, but sean spicer said he is artie working on a different format to deal with the press and this kind of thing. what really could the president do to change this or to prevent
9:40 am
this from happening in the future? >> bret: i don't know, unfortunately they may pull back and may not have as many news conferences like this. i think that is a bad thing for american people. listen, donald trump can answer questions, he took 17 questions at this news conference, he has done it many, many times before. it had been a while. but, you know, i hope that more access and not less is the solution. >> i know that the words have been tossed out there about the liberal media, so on and so forth, but you cannot deny the fact that when you take a look at a president obama news conference, where he might do six questions, and you take a look at 17, plus a legal presentation on divestment, and an opening statement, and how much was there, what goes through your mind when you look at that? those things don't seem equal to me. >> we are also hitting a time when it is completely unprecedented that we have journalist fighting with our president-elect, and i think we actually have video. >> i think to your question --
9:41 am
>> mr. president-elect, since you are attacking our news organization, can you give us a chance? >> not you, not you. no, i'm not going to give you a question. >> can you state categorically -- >> you are fake news, go ahead. >> is that unprecedented? >> bret: yeah. i mean that's unprecedented. >> donald rumsfeld, you remember, he is to have some colorful press compasses. >> bret: i was in those pentagon news conferences and it was must-see tv. you would ask questions and he would not answer the question better than anybody to ever not answer the question. but you got blistered if you had a bad question. he would really put you through your paces. but never like that. >> harris: this was more contentious. >> yeah, donald trump speaking out about his plan to build a border wall and have mexico pay for it. how he says he plans to do that is next. tech: don't let a cracked windshield ruin your plans.
9:42 am
9:43 am
trust safelite. with safelite's exclusive "on my way text"... you'll know exactly when we'll be there. giving you more time for what matters most. (team sing) safelite repair, safelite replace.
9:44 am
my eyelove is making ♪"allsomething unexpected.ays my eyelove is girls' night out. my eyelove is the september issue. eyelove is all the things we love to do with our eyes. but it's also having a chat with your eye doctor about dry eyes that interrupt the things you love. because if you're using artificial tears often and still have symptoms, it could be chronic dry eye. go to myeyelove.com and feel the love. what makesheart healthysalad the becalifornia walnuts.r? the best simple veggie dish ever? heart healthy california walnuts. the best simple dinner ever? heart healthy california walnuts. great tasting, heart healthy california walnuts. so simple. get the recipes at walnuts.org.
9:45 am
yeahashtag "stuffy nose."old. hashtag "no sleep." i got it. hashtag "mouthbreather." yep. we've got a mouthbreather. well, just put on a breathe right strip and ... pow! it instantly opens your nose up to 38% more than cold medicine alone. so you can breathe ... and sleep. shut your mouth and say goodnight mouthbreathers. breathe right. involve two parties discussing something? why not give you some say? or let your driving do the talking. liberty mutual righttrack® finally puts you in control. with savings of up to 30%, with an initial discount just for signing up. take control of your rates. visit a local office or call liberty mutual today at liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance.
9:46 am
>> i don't feel like waiting a year or year and a half, i'm going to start building. mexico, in some form, and there are many different forms, will reimburse us, and they will reimburse us for the cost of the wall. that will happen. whether it's a tax, whether it's a payment, probably less likely that it's a payment, but it will happen. >> there you have a come of the president-elect talking about one of his big campaign promises that he will build a wall along our southern border, and that mexico will pay for it. so at one point, bret, he said you know, probably the same time period, may be close, maybe it will be a reimbursement, but it's going to happen. >> bret: and he has had that repeatedly and general kelly in testimony on capitol hill, his homeland security nominee, said something similar. and how it happens, i think, is yet to be seen exactly how it's rolling out. by the way, general kelly in the confirmation hearing, if you have the former defense
9:47 am
secretary of the obama administration saying that i would have this guy hold my life in his hands, i think you have a putting put to good shot of bipartisan approval. and we should point out, harris, that this press conference is firing people up. it is firing his supporters. it is the plain talking, straight talking, this is what we want. >> harris: this was another campaign promise that he was going to hold the medias feet to the fire, who he didn't deem to be fair in the process. this is all about that. meghan, as we look at this, at one point he said it is not offense. he reeked he corrected a reporter. it is a wall. how important is it that he gets this done? >> meghan: is the first thing he ran on, one of his big campaign promises. my question is there are reports that maybe congress will help pay for this as well, still not exactly sure about the semantics about how mexico is going to pay for it. but i think he is going to do it. you and i are both from border states. it would be fascinating to go home to arizona and see what it
9:48 am
looks like. >> it sounds like he hasn't exactly decided on the method either by saying there is multiple ways that we could have them reimburse us for this. >> most likely a payment, which i thought -- >> may be a tariff, exchange, some sort of trade situation. but i'm also curious, too, about what this does for people around the world who were watching this process? because he is going to do what he says, and what does that inform everybody else? because we had a president who backed off a redline when chemical weapons were used against women, children, families in syria, that was president obama. this is a president coming and that says i'm going to build a wall in mexico is going to pay for it. >> he starts building his credibility in this moment. sb said as meghan said, this ws original position, so certainly he has to deliver on it. i certainly think from every thing i've heard that he has every intention on delivering. what it looks like maybe doesn't matter as much as long as ultimately he can say this wall, i don't know that what it has to
9:49 am
look like, but it's got to be a wall and mexico absolutely has to pay for, those two things must be in place. >> do you know what else is in place? us move into this. donald trump laid out his plan to repeal and replace obamacare. why he said democrats should be thanking him. stay with us. ur quarter back. fountains don't earn interest, david. you know i work at ally. i was being romantic. you know what i find romantic? a robust annual percentage yield that's what i find romantic. this is literally throwing your money away. i think it's over there. that way? yeah, a little further up. what year was that quarter? what year is that one? '98 that's the one. you got it! nothing stops us from doing right by our customers. ally. do it right. let's get out of that water. ugh. heartburn. sorry ma'am. allyno burning here. try alka-seltzer heartburn relief gummies. they don't taste chalky and work fast. mmmm. incredible. can i try? she doesn't have heartburn.
9:50 am
alka-seltzer heartburn relief gummies. enjoy the relief.
9:51 am
won't replace the full value of your totaled new car. the guy says you picked the wrong insurance plan. no, i picked the wrong insurance company. with liberty mutual new car replacement™, you won't have to worry about replacing your car because you'll get the full value back including depreciation. and if you have more than one liberty mutual policy, you qualify for a multi-policy discount, saving you money on your car and home coverage. call for a free quote today. liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance.
9:52 am
9:53 am
>> donald trump laying out his timeline to get rid of obamacare, telling reporters as soon as his health secretary is approved he will file his plan to repeal and replace it, and he says democrat should be thankfu thankful. >> obamacare is the democrats problem. we are going to take the problem off the shelves for them. we are doing them a tremendous service by doing it. >> and bret baier, a tremendous service by doing it, he says. >> bret: i think it's going to be really interesting to watch how this rolls out, they want to do the repeal and replace together. i had senator rand paul on the show yesterday, he detailed what he says is a consensus bill that they are coming around. it is pretty detailed. they have had like 50 plans out there, but they are coming to one. the question is whether they get the votes and make it happen.
9:54 am
>> harris: i thought it was interesting that the president-elect said in his promise to repeal and replace it might even happen simultaneously in the same hour. it is going to be a really tight, much like the wall, it is going to be a really tight situation. meghan i know you have strong thoughts. >> meghan: i think if he pulls us off that he proved all his critics wrong very quickly. obamacare has been a huge disaster, especially in arizona, over 100% being paid in premium premiums. so many democrats are borderline hysterical over the idea of replacing it, but it's been a huge failure, and it's been particularly harmful to millennials, so if you can replace us with something that is actually effective in not bankrupting my generation, he should get an award. >> bret: immigrants are anxious to call it trumpcare, because they know it is kind of like the old maid that they are left with. they have real questions going forward, the democrats.
9:55 am
but if he does us, you are right, and republicans managed to get a plan that really works, that is going to be a huge thing. >> because obama himself said, if the republicans can figure out a way to do it and do it more effectively and do it better, then good for them, and good for america. >> he said he was supported even if it were called trumpcare if it actually worked in improved areas. >> look, we are here with meghan mccain, i am one of those people that has to literally decide, do i pay the penalty, or do i pay a premium, but i just cannot afford, and that is a legitimate choice, and that is not a choice we should have to be making. >> it feels like a long road ahead, though. i can't believe that here we are. he is almost in, and then eight days, busy and get to work. >> bret: and you watch it. i think that right away it is going to happen. he says that he is going to give friday and saturday, but right away there will be some executive orders, there will be movement on capitol hill, and you will blink and stuff will be going off. >> harris: we saw with president obama, we knew that
9:56 am
one time obey would be one of his first orders, it never happened. what do you think is first will be? >> bret: it will be something about business regulations. >> he has to answer that, stock market guy. more "outnumbered" in just a moment. your insurance company
9:57 am
won't replace the full value of your totaled new car. the guy says you picked the wrong insurance plan. no, i picked the wrong insurance company. with liberty mutual new car replacement™, you won't have to worry about replacing your car because you'll get the full value back including depreciation. and if you have more than one liberty mutual policy, you qualify for a multi-policy discount, saving you money on your car and home coverage. call for a free quote today. liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance. they keep telling me "drink more water." "exercise more." i know that. "try laxatives..." i know. believe me. it's like i've. tried. everything! my chronic constipation keeps coming back. i know that.
9:58 am
tell me something i don't know. (vo) linzess works differently from laxatives. linzess treats adults with ibs with constipation, or chronic constipation. it can help relieve your belly pain, and lets you have more frequent and complete bowel movements that are easier to pass. do not give linzess to children under 6 and it should not be given to children 6 to 17. it may harm them. don't take linzess if you have a bowel blockage. get immediate help if you develop unusual or severe stomach pain, especially with bloody or black stools. the most common side effect is diarrhea, sometimes severe. if it's severe stop taking linzess and call your doctor right away. other side effects include gas, stomach-area pain and swelling. talk to your doctor about managing your symptoms proactively with linzess. how can 4 ounce portionct of liquid gold velveeta without even touching a knife? ta. da. with 4 ounce, individually wrapped velveeta mini blocks, dinner's never been easier. introducing four ounce, individually wrapped
9:59 am
velveeta mini blocks. the easiest way to make this. and this. and this. with perfectly-portioned velveeta mini blocks, you've got endless, melty gold. by the time you head to the bank and wait to get approved for a home loan, that newly listed, mid-century ranch with the garden patio will be gone. or you could push that button. sfx: rocket launching. cockpit sounds and music crescendo. skip the bank, skip the waiting, and go completely online. get the confidence that comes from a secure, qualified mortgage approval in minutes. lift the burden of getting a home loan with rocket mortgage by quicken loans. (whisper) rocket >> bret baier's new book is a fabulous "three days in january," we are in that month, so exciting. >> i wrote it and said to our sons, please allow history to inform your decisions in the
10:00 am
future, starting this book tour. there is a new generation, congratulations to steve and carrie, they just had nora graham. >> bookshelves right now, there you go. noon eastern tomorrow, we will see you back then. the speaker 8 "happening now" now. >> jenna: fox news alert on a busy news day, president-elect trump denying allegations involving russia and potential blackmail and blasting news organizations that reported them, look up to the second hour of "happening now," i am jenna lee. >> jon: i'm jon scott. that came during mr. trump's first press conference and almost six months, and he said he is separating himself from his family business. he announced his nominee for veterans affairs secretary, david shulkin who is already serving as undersecretary of health inside the va for the obama administration. >> jenna: different headline for the oppressor due to mike presser. we have three cabinet choices in th

116 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on