Installing Ubuntu Linux. Five Ways To Watch Our Video: Xbox 360 vs. AppleTV! m.revision3.com = Tekzilla on your cell phone, Find Lost Cameras, Complete HD adapter, AutoRuns and Macbook Hell
1UP.com's Reviews Editor Garnett Lee Garnett Lee joins us as cohost.
Ouch... Newsweek's Stephen Levy recycled his Macbook Air with a pile of newspapers, and blogger Michael Nygard missed his flight when the lack of a hard drive and ports on the back of his Air twigged TSA suspicion.
Freebie File Of The Week: AutoRuns for Windows "shows you what programs are configured to run during system bootup or login, and shows you the entries in the order Windows processes them." If you've been searching for a more complete way to figure out what starts up with Windows, this is it!
Wow, a lot of you have good things to say about Logitech's Z-2300, a 2.1 speaker set we didn't include in last week's roundup. They're priced about the same as the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 set we liked so much.
Installing Linux? It's not that hard. We install Ubuntu, our current distro of choice, right on the show. We loves us some open source software... now if we can just get our WiFi adapter to work!
Gadget Of The Week? We've shown USB to hard drive adapters before, but NewerTech's USB 2.0 Universal Drive Adapter packs SATA and 2.5 inch and 3.5 inch IDE adapters into a single $30 device. Sweet!
Five ways to watch Tekzilla?
1) Load m.revision3.com in your cell phone's browser, and you can watch any Revision3 show on your cell phone.
2) You can always subscribe to Tekzilla in Miro or iTunes or the Zune software and the latest episode dowload automatically.
Just search for Tekzilla, or double click on the application feeds on the Subscription Options tab on Tekzilla.com.
Speaking of that Subscription Options tab, it has links to the RSS feeds for every format the show comes in, from XviD to WMV to MP4 and flash.
3) Right click on those links and copy the link location into your favorite RSS reader (or podcatcher) and you'll know just as soon as the latest episode is posted.
4) Watching Tekzilla in your living room? Roger streams his video to his HDTV using the Xbox 360. Patrick uses the AppleTV. Both machines do a good job, tho Patrick feels the AppleTV makes it easier to find podcasts w/out using a PC!
5) Other set top boxes? The Popcorn Hour A-100 (which Patrick keeps calling the Popcorn 100) does an amazing job pumping out 1080p video for $180, and even has a built in browser. We'll be showing it off in an upcoming episode.
Paul wants to know if the end of Analog Broadcast TV is going to force him to go to Digital Cable. Not to worry, Paul, the only thing that can force you to go digital is your local cable provider.
Tim's wondering if we'd recommend using 64-bit edition of Vista to get around the memory cap on the 32-bit versions. If you were buying a new system... maybe. Otherwise, we wouldn't!
Please, please, please don't forget to email your questions, answers, suggestions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to talk to other fans about topics covered on the show visit our forums at our forums.
Our Netflix movie pick of the week is The King of Kong A Fistful of Quarters... we'll be chatting it up in the forums soon... wanna be our friend on Netflix? We're email@example.com
Want to support Tekzilla? Please check out what our sponsors are offering:
A free Netflix trial to bring DVD and Blu-ray movies to your door at www.netflix.com/tekzilla
A $50 discount on DataRobotics Drobo, if you enter the code Tekzilla when you check out at the DroboStore... it's a bombproof way to protect your data.
You can buy a .COM name for as little as $1.99, find hosting and much much more at GoDaddy.com and if you enter in the code TEK5 when you check out, you'll get $10 off any order of $40 or more!