July 8, 2018 Subject:
Underground StationCity Park Schöneberg, Berlin
This photo (abt. 1920) is a reversed image, needs to be mirrowed. (Agfa) Autochrom technique delivered the first color images which were produced in one shot.
Image shows the station ("Stadtpark") of the then independent city of Schöneberg (view to the East; https://goo.gl/maps/wZTav2w2qqy).
The underground railways was owned by the city (inauguration Dec 1910). Construction was forced by the city administration to develop the southern area of the city in times when investments began to stutter.
Planned line from Berlin downtown to southern district ("Südgelände") was never completed. Only four stations were constructed.
Station is situated in a former geological wash. This swampy valley was filled by the excaved earth of the underground construction works and then transformed into a city park. "Ducky pond" is artificial.
Left side in the background: the tower of the city hall Schöneberg (1911-13) upper part destroyed during WWII).