December 8, 2018 Subject:
Romanisches Haus at Auguste-Viktoria-Platz, Charlottenburg
This is the 1st Romanesque House (Erstes Romanisches Haus) standing at the western edge of Auguste-Viktoria-Platz (today: Breitscheidplatz). It is located between Kurfuerstendamm and Kantstrasse in the then indipendent from Berlin city of Charlottenburg. It was one of two similar buildings on both sides of Kaiser-Wilhelm Gedaechtniskirche (Emperor William Memorial Church, today: ruin and memorial against the war). Architect: Franz Schwechten, erected 1893-96 opposite the main portal of the Memorial Church.