Description: Newark Grammar School, 1916. The 1916 Newark Grammar School replaced the 1879 structure when the 1906 quake weakened it and senior boys were able to put their shoulders to the old building and rock it back and forth. Even the century's turn did not erase traces of pastoral life: The vertical stone columns at the left, serving as part of the school gate, were to keep cattle and pigs from straying into the school yard.
Call Number: 19188.8.131.52.013
Washington Township Museum of Local History, 190 Anza Street, Fremont, CA 94539, Telephone: (510)-623-7907, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Institution URL: http://museumoflocalhistory.org/
Copyright status unknown. This work may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, its reproduction may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. This work is accessible for purposes of education and research. Transmission or reproduction of works protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user. Washington Township Museum of Local History attempted to find rights owners without success but is eager to hear from them so that we may obtain permission, if needed. Upon request to email@example.com, digitized works can be removed from public view if there are rights issues that need to be resolved.