Description: Alviso School, located halfway between Centerville and Alvarado. The Alviso School District was established in 1856. It was named for Don Augustin Alviso, the original Mexican grantee of the land. Early records show that there were two buildings on the grounds. One housed the first four grades and the other housed the upper grades and the library. The land for the school was donated by Manual Ferreira and John l. Beard. These buildings were replaced by a new school in 1910 and then a third in 1940.
Call Number: 19220.127.116.11.043
Washington Township Museum of Local History, 190 Anza Street, Fremont, CA 94539, Telephone: (510)-623-7907, Email: email@example.com, Institution URL: http://museumoflocalhistory.org/
Copyright status unknown. This work may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, its reproduction may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. This work is accessible for purposes of education and research. Transmission or reproduction of works protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user. Washington Township Museum of Local History attempted to find rights owners without success but is eager to hear from them so that we may obtain permission, if needed. Upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org, digitized works can be removed from public view if there are rights issues that need to be resolved.