Description: The relocated Japanese Pavilion officer quarters are inspected by architect Julia Morgan for remodeling. The structure was purchased from the 1915 Pan-Pacific International Exhibition, barged across the bay to Patterson Landing, and transported to a site east of the Patterson house. Clara Patterson Layton intended to use the structure for her home, but she died in 1917, before the completed building plans could be put into action. The empty building was burned after news of the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.
Call Number: 1922.214.171.124.006
Washington Township Museum of Local History, 190 Anza Street, Fremont, CA 94539, Telephone: (510)-623-7907, Email: email@example.com, Institution URL: http://museumoflocalhistory.org/
Copyright status unknown. This work may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, its reproduction may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. This work is accessible for purposes of education and research. Transmission or reproduction of works protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user. Washington Township Museum of Local History attempted to find rights owners without success but is eager to hear from them so that we may obtain permission, if needed. Upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org, digitized works can be removed from public view if there are rights issues that need to be resolved.