Chicago Burlington & Quincy Railroad 0-8-0 Class F-2 550 at Galesburg, Illinois on May 22, 1938, photographer unknown, print by Don Gruber, Chuck Zeiler collection. Number 550 was built in 1909 by Baldwin (c/n 33986) as a class T-1-A compound 2-6-6-2 number 4003, built to GN specifications. The T-1 class operated systemwide, but without any great success, eventually used as hump yard power. The Denver Shops rebuilt several 2-6-6-2's into 0-8-0's during 1926-27, number 550 was released from the shops in September 1926. It was retired and scrapped in February 1946.