Chicago Burlington & Quincy Railroad 0-8-0 class F-2 553 at Galesburg, Illinois on an unknown day in 1938, photographer unknown, print by Don Gruber, Chuck Zeiler collection. Number 553 was built in 1908 by Baldwin (c/n 32724) as a compound 2-6-6-2 for the Great Northern as number 1907. For unknown reasons it was sold to the CB&Q, becoming class T-1 number 4002. It operated system wide until about 1926, when it was sent to the 32724Denver Shops and rebuilt, released from the shops in July 1927 as class F-2 553. It was retired and sold for scrap in December 1948.