Skip to main content

Hinds Community College Libraries

First founded as Hinds County Agricultural High School in 1917, Hinds Community College is now a comprehensive educational institution with six campuses serving the greater Jackson, Mississippi area. Serving more than 32,000 students annually, Hinds is the state’s largest community college and offers a myriad of programs including academic, technical, career, secondary, adult education and workforce training.

The materials found in these digital collections document the history and growth of the college, the community, and, in general, the Junior College System of Mississippi. All physical copies of materials can be found in the Hinds Community College Archives located in Raymond and Utica. Contact LRCRaymondCirculation@hindscc.edu or (601) 857-3255 for more information.


PART OF
American Libraries
SHOW DETAILS
up-solid down-solid
eye
Title
Date Published
Creator
Hinds Community College Libraries
texts
eye 1,776
favorite 1
comment 0
The Hindsonian was the annual yearbook for Hinds Agricultural High School and Junior College from 1927-1931. In 1931, it ceased publication but was reconstituted in 1942 as The Eagle. From 1942-1958, The Eagle chronicled the high school and junior college students and their activities. In 1958, Hinds discontinued its high school program but The Eagle continues as the annual for Hinds Junior College (later renamed Hinds Community College).
Topics: Eagle -- Annuals of Hinds Junior College and Agricultural High School (1941-1958), All Yearbooks