Skip to main content

Hinds Community College Libraries

First founded as Hinds County Agricultural High School in 1917, Hinds Community College is now a comprehensive educational institution with six campuses serving the greater Jackson, Mississippi area. Serving more than 32,000 students annually, Hinds is the state’s largest community college and offers a myriad of programs including academic, technical, career, secondary, adult education and workforce training.

The materials found in these digital collections document the history and growth of the college, the community, and, in general, the Junior College System of Mississippi. All physical copies of materials can be found in the Hinds Community College Archives located in Raymond and Utica. Contact LRCRaymondCirculation@hindscc.edu or (601) 857-3255 for more information.


PART OF
American Libraries
SHOW DETAILS
up-solid down-solid
eye
Title
Date Published
Creator
Hinds Community College Libraries
by Hinds Community College Utica Learning Resource Center Archive
texts
eye 727
favorite 2
comment 0
The Utica Jubilee Singers was formed in 1921 by Dr. William H. Holtzclaw, founder of Utica Normal and Industrial Institute (which later became Utica Junior College and is now the Utica Campus of Hinds Community College). The group traveled throughout the United States and Europe helping to raise funds to support the school. Utica Institute's book of Spirituals and other songs were taken down in 1930 by J. Rosamond Johnson and printed exactly as sung by the Utica Jubilee Singers.
Topics: Utica Jubilee Singers Spirituals, Jubilee Singers Spirituals Songbook