Skip to main content

The American Ecclesiastical Review 1889-1975

The American Ecclesiastical Review featured articles covering a range of theological and ecclesiastical issues.


rss RSS
DESCRIPTION

The American Ecclesiastical Review was a scholarly journal published 10 times a year by the Catholic University of America (CUA). Launched in 1889, it was renamed the Ecclesiastical Review in 1906, before resuming its original title in 1944. It ceased publication in 1975.


Each issue featured original articles covering a range of theological and ecclesiastical issues aimed at pastors, scholars, missionaries, theologians and general readers in the Christian community. It also contained reviews of new literature relevant to the field. During its tenure, the journal published contributions from a number of leading clergymen and theologians, such as the ecclesiologist Joseph Clifford Fenton (1906–1969) who served as the Review’s editor between 1943 and 1963, as well as peritus for Cardinal Ottaviani at the Second Vatican Council (1962–1965).


The Internet Archive Collection contains microfilm published between 1889 and 1975. 


Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Ecclesiastical_Review


The ISSN is 0002-8274


Publication History:

Ecclesiastical Review 0271-6836 Former titles (until 1943) USA United States

American Ecclesiastical Review 0002-8274 (until 1905) USA United States


Created on
May 26
2021
dfukumori
Archivist
ADDITIONAL CONTRIBUTORS
VIEWS

Total Views 24,117 (Older Stats)

ITEMS

Total Items 1,233 (Older Stats)

TOP REGIONS (LAST 30 DAYS)

(data not available)