This book is feel with numerous errors, and is one of the major sources of all false information on the Froman family. The book provides no sources or evidence to support conclusions. Like the title suggests it is based off Traditions and not facts. The First errors is on page 1, paragraph 1. It is filled with so many errors that is very disturbing that so many have blindly used it for genealogy research.
Pages 9 - 10, it list the descendants of Paul Froman Jr. and Jacob Froman Sr. it states that this information was give by Mrs. Lemuel Parry Gooding of Lexington, KY; much of the information is incorrect.
page 9, (11) Elizabeth Froman daughter of Paul Jr, married Robert McGee, not Johnson Brown. Elizabeth and Rachel married McGee brothers.
page 9 , (13) Solomon Froman was not the son of Paul Jr, he was most likely the son of Solomon Froman
page 9 (16) (Nelson Co KY marriages gives Christina Froman m. Robert McGee, 21 Jan 1819), this a different Christina, daughter of (24) Joseph Froman and Christeny McGee
page 10 (17) Paul Forman date of death should be 1860, not 1859 alive in the 1860 census.
Missing children of Paul Froman Jr.
- Jacob Froman who married Margaret Dawson
- Mary Froman who married James Bruce
page 10 (18) Jacob Froman Jr. never married Margaret Dawson, Paul Froman Jr. son Jacob Froman married Margaret Dawson. Jacob Froman Jr. married Mary last name unknown
page 10 (19) Elizabeth Froman husband name was Richard Moore Thomas
page 10 (21) Susanna Froman died Sep 1827, not pre 16 Aug 1826. Final settlement was 18 Aug 1828.
page 10 (23) Isaac Froman was born 26 Mar 1784, not 26 Nov 1784
page 10 (26) Elijah Froman born 1791, not 1891, did not marry Dorosine Wilinson, Dorosine married Elijah Froman son of (24) Joseph Forman (26) Elijah Froman married Mary Ferguson in 1821.
page 10, (27) John Froman who married Sally McKay was the son of Paul Froman Jr not Jacob Froman. This would be (12) John Froman on page 9.
• Peter Froman as the Father of Paul Froman (p.1,2,7)
• Fromans from Heidelberg or Strassburg, Alasce area (p.1,7)
• Paul Froman Sr’s marriage to Elizabeth Hite in 1731 (p.2, 7)
• Connection to Speers and Reasoners in France/Germany (p.3)
• Regina Froman as a daughter of Peter Froman (p.3,4)
• Solomon Speers’ marriage to Mary Munn (p.4)
• Mary as Froman and sister to Regina (p.4, 7, 13)
• Jacob and Solomon Spears cousin to Paul Jr (p.6)
• Regina being born in Alsace, Germany (p.7)
• Peter Froman/Vrooman of New York/New Jersey (p.7)
• Solomon Froman as brother of Paul Froman Sr (p.7)
• Lincoln County, Kentucky now Nelson County, KY (p.7)
• Maria Christina Froman’s marriage to John Overall (p.7)
• Jost Hite sold property on 9 Jan 1730 (p.7)
• Jost Hite purchase of 40,000 acres from John Van Meter (p.7)
• Paul Froman Sr’s estate listed considerable land (p.8)
• John Paul Froman’s (Paul Jr) marriage to Mary Cartmell (p.8)
• John Paul Froman’s (Paul Jr) marriage in Jamestown, VA (p.8)
• John Paul Froman’s (Paul Jr) marriage in about 1762 (p.8)
• John Paul and Jacob Froman sold holdings PA (p.9)
• John Paul Froman’s earliest KY land record 5/27/1780 (p.9)
• Elizabeth Froman’s marriage to Johnson Brown (p.9)
• Solomon Froman a merchant in Lexington (p.9)
• Solomon Froman in 1810 census as son of John Paul (p.9)
• Isaac Froman a merchant in Lexington (p.9)
• Christina Froman’s marriage to Robert McGee (p.9)
• James Froman as a son John Paul Froman (p.9)
• Omissions of John Paul Froman children Jacob & Mary (p.9)
• Jacob Froman’s marriage to Barbara in Jamestown, VA (p.10)
• Jacob Froman Sr’s earliest KY land record 9/13/1780 (p.10)
• Jacob Froman Sr added considerably to his KY holdings (p.10)
• Jacob Froman Jr’s marriage to Margaret Dawson (p.10)
• Susanna Froman’s death pre-16 Aug 1820 in Nelson (p.10)
• Elijah Froman’s name of Elijah W. H. Froman (p.10)
• Elijah Froman’s marriage to Dorosine Wilkinson (p.10)
• John Froman’s as a son of Jacob Froman (p.10)
• John Paul Froman as a cousin (p.13)