Speak of the devil pod Season 2 w/ Shane Bugbee
- Publication date
- Expo of the extreme, events, promoter, concerts, black metal, angry white male tour, Jim glad, Mike Diana, knock your block off, Ed gein, alone, depression, hospital, weed, vulnerable, toxic male, candy bars, mental illness, self destruction, voodoo donuts, rape issue, voodoo dolls, life sized voodoo dolls, Clinton, Trump, Stephanie Ulrich, sewing, Ouija boards, Ugly Shyla, what is art, podcasting, boiled angel, art, heart, pain, expression of the heart, animals being seen, communication, art is freedom, abstract, entertainment is perverse art, street art, Ed gein tombstone, speaking to power, David Bowie is art, ugly truth, animal building a nest is making art, abstract over words, understand not regret, regret the partnership, exploiting the kind mind, San Francisco, Country Joe and the fish, chasing headlines, coopting outliers, patreon, Shane Bugbee, satanic fashion, boy George, boy George high satanic roll model, do you want to hurt me do you want to make me cry, cool hats, satanic fashion is like nothing others wear, can't kill a Pollock, Boone brothers, beat street, satanic movement, satanism, Satanist, faking the funk, kangol, black culture, cultural insecurities, Alex Jones yell, catch me outside, skitzo, big time Tommy, os for life, baphomet, Los Angeles, San Francisco, city lights books, dress to kill, instilling insecurities, Satanic Temple, Doug Mesner, threat of vomit, TST, T.G.I. Fridays, neuroscience, club Satan the witches Sabbath, ultimate fighting, mixed martial arts, cage match, baphomet defeats mma champ, power perceived, Blanch Barton, obscene, indulge, indulgence, mundane, satanic history, Jerry Garcia, grateful dead, double stuffed Oreos, church of Satan, LaVey, Anton LaVey, sickie wife beater, manipulation of the weak, manipulation of insecurities, Outlier, conformist, non-conforming, nonconformist, wokeface, wokeface baphomet, cute baphomet, occult, the mentors, same, all the same, satanic clown suit, looking like the flock in black, uniform, fringe, fringe on the bus, is a group of outlier outliers, outcast, satanism, gross, church of Satan, satanic Temple, runt, contrairium, contrary, invisible, adapt, Lord of the flies, art, artist, Marilyn Manson, cos playing, weebo, wigger, culture, respect, pretence, dog whistles, dog whistle, obscene, grapefruit, south Park, I can only build the blocks, can't play nice, blocks, gatekeeper, electric hellfire club, iTunes, mp3, ego, king diamond, age, bunny ranch, singers, singer songwriter, Willie Nelson, Bobby Seale, selling sauce or sharing a culture, soda pop, satanic soda pop, satanic Bible, Conjure, sculpting, s&m culture, sculpture, art portal, boil boil toil and trouble, mystical, mystic, art, artist, madness, art support group, salted latte, disturbed subculture, wine, Satanist, going mad, madness, art insanity, LaVey, Peter Gilmore, wicker park, Chicago, Warhol, mental, scene, artist colony, artists bankers and realtors, jack white, game the system, evh, Eddie VanHalen, Ely Minnesota, what is art, tuna casserole and the meteor shower, twisted, envalope pushing, Picasso, Francis Bacon, heart, art is magic, abstract, image of emotion, deep focus, the will, art must have heart, come on feel the noise, snap shot of the soul, words escape us - abstracts are forever, primal, jodorowsky, luck, sun ra, jackson pollock, courage, complexity, Dave Archer, suicidal tendancies, star trek artist, art is never finished it's abandoned, brave, art is brave, generous, courageous, post art depression, laughing at mistakes, thrift store ammo, smashing the metronome, madhouse, artist tantrums, eat more crayons for your poop creations, militant artist, couch surfing artist, eazy-e, Dr. Dre, fuck Emos, anthrax, hesher kids, freaks, jocks, frocks, high school memories, art that kills, court of porn, events with live sex, naked guy, seka, porn stars, fisto the clown, poop studio, goat gallery, fucking under the art, step on my balls, dominatrix, police raid, gang bang, wennie mobile, raves, 666 Eve, the omen, cake and boobies, invisible and small, nothing is good enough, integrity, church of Satan, Peter Gilmore, Stanton LaVey, jack malebranche, jack Donovan, the Satanic Temple, follow your leader, True crime warped minds tour, true crime, John burowski, gein, Ed gein tombstone, serial killer, trenchcoat mafia, serial killer subculture, guy was going to shoot Shane, Charles Manson, Manson's son, WTF fest, John Sinclair, white Panthers, ugly Shyla, Dave densmore, Astoria Oregon, punk, punk rock, mc5, Dave Archer, American horror stories, baphomet, underground culture, payback search for the underground, need for community, Harvard, speaking at Harvard, let's talk Satan, Rick Shapiro, between my heart and my feet, cheyenne recliner, break up, mike diana, underground comix, censorship
Welcome to the SPEAK OF THE DEVIL podcast.
This podcast is:
- The gift of occult knowledge told.
- An attempt at fighting the re-writing of Satanic history, definitely adding to it.
- Left hand path folklore from the outsiders perspective.
- Released in multiple episode for your bing listening enjoyment.
- Your host Nannerl, speaking with the Devil, Shane Bugbee.
Who is Shane Bugbee? Shane Bugbee IS THE DEVIL!
A friend of Church of Satan founder Anton LaVey, Shane played an instrumental role in the foundation of the Satanic Temple.
Mr. Shane Bugbee is an underground legend. He has been an artist, publisher, writer, photographer, filmmaker, sculptor, historical figure, a historian, a seeker, a teacher and even for a brief period – a successful soda-pop purveyor.
Who is Nannerl? An eternal witch just hitting 500 years old, a youngster in eternal life. She is the host... She IS the Devils Kapellmeister.
Speak of the Devil - season two - show notes
2.01 The Satanic Artist
Season 2, Here We go! Co-hosts Shane Bugbee and Nannerl start the conversation with the elephants in the room: the Satanic Artist, and how we fit in society and among each other.
Where is our place? What does it take to be the Satanic Artist?
2.02 The Outlier
Birds of a feather stick together, but what about the rest of us?
Shane and Nannerl discuss what it means to be an Outlier, and why its important to own up to this identity rather than fit in. Nannerl also rants about weaboos.
Dog whistles ensue.
Where to start…
Nannerl and Shane both celebrate and shade how heavily fashion plays a role in Satanism.
Lavey was a snappy dresser, but I'm pretty sure he never expected Satanists to all dress the same, or there to be "satanic clothing brands". For a culture of individualism, there sure seem to be a lot of rules of what to wear, even if its not said out loud!
Content Warning: pointed, strong opinions from Nannerl, the self appointed Chief and usurper of the Fashion Police. If you cant laugh at yourself….
2.04 The Fry Cook
We all started somewhere. Some fry cooks go on to become one of our culture's biggest influencers, some of us need more time to cook.
Shane and Nannerl discuss some of their and others' upward climbs and Nannerl gets bitchy over what a hobbyist vs pro is in performance.
2.05 The Con Man
Its one thing to be a Magician, but a Con Man?
Shane sheds light on what makes a Con Man. Did you join a Satanic group to buy sweet merch?
Are you sure its not a con man preying on your insecurities?
Nannerl discusses with Shane the importance of independent thought and why Satanism is a philosophy rather than religion.
Bonus: If you like sweet potatoes or pancakes, this is the episode for you!
2.06 The Adversary
The absolute bread and butter (gluten free if you prefer, but always real butter)
Of what makes someone or thing 'Satanic' . It doesn’t necessarily mean an antagonist or opposition to the same targets, but hey, listen and find out what Nannerl and Shane are talking about here. Groupthink strongly discouraged.
2.07 The Company you Keep pt. 1
Shane and Nannerl address topics that mention white supremacists, and the alt-right and those groups' coopted ideas from Satanism and the like. Listener discretion advised as it is a sensitive topic. Part 1 of 2 parts
2.08 The Company you Keep Pt. 2 - speakofthedevilpod.com
2nd part of the previous episode, Shane and Nannerl continue a conversation on some bad apples and if they spoil the bunch by being adjacent in ideas or if they are just on their own in their beliefs. Listener discretion advised.
2.09 Mike Diana - speakofthedevilpod.com
Gather around kids, lets go back to a simpler time.. Back to 1991, when artist Mike Diana was charged with obscenity for creating art. Shane recalls being publisher of Diana's works, and how time and a documentary has a way of erasing those who had a hand in others' relevance…wait.. Didn’t we cover this in our very first episode?!
2.10 Michael Hunt Publishing - speakofthedevilpod.com
Nannerl asks Shane to share some of his insight and experiences as the man they call Mike Hunt..well not mine…
Some reflection on some more controversial pieces as well, including Ragnar Redbeard's "Might is Right". As Lavey told Shane, "This is pure dynamite"..and still is.
**an except of this episode was released early August titled Might and Power
This is the full episode
2.11 V is for Validation - speakofthedevilpod.com
Shane and Nannerl discuss what Validation is to them and what it seems to mean to others.
Individualism, is it at the cost of losing friends, or getting pats on the back?
A reprisal of the idea of recognizing what one's place is, and Nannerl tries to point out the difference of serious committed artists' validation vs validation the amateur seeks.
Shane also shares his plans of immortalizing himself.
2.12 Venues + Events pt. 1 - speakofthedevilpod.com
Part 1 of the thrilling conclusion of Season 2 of the Speak of the Devil Podcast.
Shane takes Nannerl down memory lane, through the events he put on and co-conspired in the past, including the responsibilities assumed in said events. Includes stories from Expo to the Extreme, Angry White Male Tour, 666 Eve, and how Nannerl and Shane were in the same town at the same time without crossing paths.
2.13 Venues + Events pt. 2 - speakofthedevilpod.com
Part 2 and finale of Season 2 of Speak of the Devil Podcast.
Events post-666Eve are remembered, including True Crime Warped Minds, the time Ed Gein's truck was in the flesh (er…steel??), the WTF fest, all the way to Shane speaking at Harvard.
So many events leading up to said documentary in our first episode, so interesting how many events have influenced newer ones so long ago.
Shane and Nannerl sincerely thank all of you for listening, and hope you stick around for Season 3 and whatever stories, recollection and ramblings it may bring.
- 2020-02-21 08:07:57
- Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.4
Uploaded by shane bugbee on