Skip to main content

Susquehanna University

Originally founded as the Missionary Institute of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in 1858, this private, liberal arts college in central Pennsylvania was renamed Susquehanna University in 1895.

The University Archives, the Russell W. Gilbert Pennsylvania Room and the Jane C. Apple Rare Books Room at Susquehanna University's Blough-Weis Library contain a rich collection of books, documents, photographs, and memorabilia. Some of the items featured here include: the University yearbook, LANTHORN (1897-2009), course catalogs, Susquehanna University Studies (publications of the faculty from 1936-1984), and selected titles from the Pennsylvania German Collection and the Rare Books Room.

DESCRIPTION
Originally founded as the Missionary Institute of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in 1858, this private, liberal arts college in central Pennsylvania was renamed Susquehanna University in 1895.

The University Archives, the Russell W. Gilbert Pennsylvania Room and the Jane C. Apple Rare Books Room at Susquehanna University's Blough-Weis Library contain a rich collection of books, documents, photographs, and memorabilia. Some of the items featured here include: the University yearbook, LANTHORN (1897-2009), course catalogs, Susquehanna University Studies (publications of the faculty from 1936-1984), and selected titles from the Pennsylvania German Collection and the Rare Books Room.


ACTIVITY

Created on
November 17
2010
ADDITIONAL CONTRIBUTORS
judec
Archivist

Total Views 783,402

DISCONTINUED VIEWS

Total Views 782,102

ITEMS

Total Items 465

TOP REGIONS (LAST 30 DAYS)

(data not available)