Notice of Allowability
Ling X. Xu
The MAILING DATE of this communication appears on the cover sheet with the correspondence address-
All claims being allowable, PROSECUTION ON THE MERITS IS (OR REMAINS) CLOSED in this application. If not included
herewith (or previously mailed), a Notice of Allowance (PTOL-85) or other appropriate communication will be mailed in due course. THIS
NOTICE OF ALLOWABILITY IS NOT A GRANT OF PATENT RIGHTS. This application is subject to withdrawal from issue at the initiative
of the Office or upon petition by the applicant. See 37 CFR 1.313 and MPEP 1308.
1 . El This communication is responsive to 4/8/2004.
2. lEI The allowed claim(s) is/are 56-66 and 71-74 .
3. S The drawings filed on 18 March 2004 are accepted by the Examiner.
4. □ Acknowledgment is made of a claim for foreign priority under 35 U.S.C. § 1 19(a)-(d) or (f).
a)n All b)nSome* c) □ None of the:
1 . □ Certified copies of the priority documents have been received.
2. □ Certified copies of the priority documents have been received in Application No. .
3. □ Copies of the certified copies of the priority documents have been received in this national stage application from the
International Bureau (PCT Rule 17.2(a)).
* Certified copies not received: .
Applicant has THREE MONTHS FROM THE "MAILING DATE" of this communication to file a reply complying with the requirements
noted below. Failure to timely comply will result in ABANDONMENT of this application.
THIS THREE-MONTH PERIOD IS NOT EXTENDABLE.
5. □ A SUBSTITUTE OATH OR DECLARATION must be submitted. Note the attached EXAMINER'S AMENDMENT or NOTICE OF
INFORMAL PATENT APPLICATION (PTO-152) which gives reason(s) why the oath or declaration is deficient
6. □ CORRECTED DRAWINGS ( as "replacement sheets") must be submitted.
(a) □ including changes required by the Notice of Draftsperson's Patent Drawing Review ( PTO-948) attached
1 ) □ hereto or 2) □ to Paper No./Mail Date .
(b) □ Including changes required by the attached Examiner's Amendment / Comment or in the Office action of
C Paper No./Mail Date .
Identifying indicia such as the application number (see 37 CFR 1 .84(c)) should be written on the drawings in the front (not the back) of
each sheet. Replacement sheet(s) should be labeled as such in the header according to 37 CFR 1.121(d). ^
7. □ DEPOSIT OF and/or INFORMATION about the deposit of BIOLOGICAL MATERIAL must be submitted. Note the
attached Examiner's comment regarding REQUIREMENT FOR THE DEPOSIT OF BIOLOGICAL MATERIAL.
Notice of Informal Patent Application (PTO-152)
1 . □ Notice of References Cited (PTO-892)
2. □ Notice of Draftperson's Patent Drawing Review (PTO-948)
Interview Summary (PTO-413),
Paper No./Mail Date
3. S Information Disclosure Statements (PTO-1449 or PTO/SB/08).
Paper No./Mail Date 4/8/2004
4. □ Examiner's Comment Regarding Requirement for Deposit
Examiner's Statement of Reasons for Allowance
of Biological Material
SUPERVISORY PATCNT EXAMINER
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
PTOL-37 (Rev. 1-04)
Notice of Allowability
Part Of Paper No./Mail Date 20040420