United States Patent and Trademark Office
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
I nilid Stall-, Patent and Trademark Office
Address: COMMISSIONER FOR PATENTS
FIRST NAMED INVENTOR
ATTORNEY DOCKET NO. CONFIRMATION NO.
21967 7590 11/02/2009
HUNTON & WILLIAMS LLP
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY DEPARTMENT
1900 K STREET, N.W.
WASHINGTON, DC 20006-1 109
SHIFERAW, ELENI A
Please find below and/or attached an Office communication concerning this application or proceeding.
The time period for reply, if any, is set in the attached communication.
PTOL-90A (Rev. 04/07)
l/ffflrC? nVrliUli Otfff Iff ids y
ELENI A. SHIFERAW
- The MAILING DATE of this communication appears on the cover sheet with the correspondence address —
Period for Reply
A SHORTENED STATUTORY PERIOD FOR REPLY IS SET TO EXPIRE 3 MONTH(S) OR THIRTY (30) DAYS,
WHICHEVER IS LONGER, FROM THE MAILING DATE OF THIS COMMUNICATION.
- Extensions of time may be available under the provisions of 37 CFR 1 .136(a). In no event, however, may a reply be timely filed
after SIX (6) MONTHS from the mailing date of this communication.
- If NO period for reply is specified above, the maximum statutory period will apply and will expire SIX (6) MONTHS from the mailing date of this communication.
- Failure to reply within the set or extended period for reply will, by statute, cause the application to become ABANDONED (35 U.S.C. § 133).
Any reply received by the Office later than three months after the mailing date of this communication, even if timely filed, may reduce any
earned patent term adjustment. See 37 CFR 1 .704(b).
1 )KI Responsive to communication(s) filed on 25 June 2009 .
2a )^ This action is FINAL. 2b)D This action is non-final.
3) D Since this application is in condition for allowance except for formal matters, prosecution as to the merits is
closed in accordance with the practice under Ex parte Quayle, 1935 CD. 11, 453 O.G. 213.
Disposition of Claims
4) ^ Claim(s) 24-32 is/are pending in the application.
4a) Of the above claim(s) is/are withdrawn from consideration.
5) D Claim(s) is/are allowed.
6) |EI Claim(s) 24-32 is/are rejected.
7) 0 Claim(s) is/are objected to.
8) D Claim(s) are subject to restriction and/or election requirement.
9) Q The specification is objected to by the Examiner.
10) D The drawing(s) filed on is/are: a)D accepted or b)D objected to by the Examiner.
Applicant may not request that any objection to the drawing(s) be held in abeyance. See 37 CFR 1.85(a).
Replacement drawing sheet(s) including the correction is required if the drawing(s) is objected to. See 37 CFR 1.121(d).
1 1) D The oath or declaration is objected to by the Examiner. Note the attached Office Action or form PTO-152.
Priority under 35 U.S.C. § 119
12) D Acknowledgment is made of a claim for foreign priority under 35 U.S.C. § 119(a)-(d) or (f).
a)D All b)D Some * c)D None of:
1 .□ Certified copies of the priority documents have been received.
20 Certified copies of the priority documents have been received in Application No. .
3.Q Copies of the certified copies of the priority documents have been received in this National Stage
application from the International Bureau (PCT Rule 17.2(a)).
* See the attached detailed Office action for a list of the certified copies not received.
1) D Notice of References Cited (PTO-892) 4) □ Interview Summary (PTO-41 3)
2) □ Notice of Draftsperson's Patent Drawing Review (PTO-948) Paper No(s)/Mail Date. .
3) □ Information Disclosure Statement(s) (PTO/SB/08) 5 ) □ Notice of Informal Patent Application
Paper No(s)/Mail Date . 6) □ Other: .
PTOL-T26 d (Rev e 08-06r
Office Action Summary
Part of Paper No./Mail Date 20091029