Notice of Allowability
An T. Luu
- The MAILING DATE of this communication appears on the cover sheet with the correspondence address-
All claims being allowable, PROSECUTION ON THE MERITS IS (OR REMAINS) CLOSED in this application. If not included
herewith (or previously mailed), a Notice of Allowance (PTOL-85) or other appropriate communication will be mailed in due course. THIS
NOTICE OF ALLOWABILITY IS NOT A GRANT OF PATENT RIGHTS. This application is subject to withdrawal from issue at the initiative
of the Office or upon petition by the applicant. See 37 CFR 1 .31 3 and MPEP 1 308.
1 . ^ This communication is responsive to 8-18-05 . *
2. S The allowed claim(s) is/are 1^8.
3. ^ Acknowledgment is made of a claim for foreign priority under 35 U.S.C. § 1 19(a)-(d) or (f).
a) S All b) □ Some* c) □ None of the:
1 . S Certified copies of the priority documents have been received.
2. □ Certified copies of the priority documents have been received in Application No. .
3. □ Copies of the certified copies of the priority documents have been received in this national stage application from the
International Bureau (PCT Rule 17.2(a)).
* Certified copies not received: .
Applicant has THREE MONTHS FROM THE "MAILING DATE" of this communication to file a reply complying with the requirements
noted below. Failure to timely comply will result in ABANDONMENT of this application.
THIS THREE-MONTH PERIOD IS NOT EXTENDABLE.
4. □ A SUBSTITUTE OATH OR DECLARATION must be submitted. Note the attached EXAMINER'S AMENDMENT or NOTICE OF
INFORMAL PATENT APPLICATION (PTO-152) which gives reason(s) why the oath or declaration is deficient.
5. □ CORRECTED DRAWINGS ( as "replacement sheets") must be submitted.
(a) □ including changes required by the Notice of Draftsperson's Patent Drawing Review ( PTO-948) attached
1 ) □ hereto or 2) □ to Paper NoVMail Date .
(b) □ including changes required by the attached Examiner's Amendment / Comment or in the Office action of
Paper No./Mail Date .
Identifying indicia such as the application number (see 37 CFR 1.84(c)) should be written on the drawings in the front (not the back) of
each sheet. Replacement sheet(s) should be labeled as such in the header according to 37 CFR 1.121(d).
6. □ DEPOSIT OF and/or INFORMATION about the deposit of BIOLOGICAL MATERIAL must be submitted. Note the
attached Examiner's comment regarding REQUIREMENT FOR THE DEPOSIT OF BIOLOGICAL MATERIAL.
1. Notice of References Cited (PTO-892)
2. □ Notice of Draftperson's Patent Drawing Review (PTO-948)
3. □ Information Disclosure Statements (PTO-1449 or PTO/SB/08),
Paper No./Mail Date
4. □ Examiner's Comment Regarding Requirement for Deposit
of Biological Material
5. □ Notice of Informal Patent Application (PTO-152)
6. □ Interview Summary (PTO-413),
Paper NoVMail Date .
7. □ Examiner's Amendment/Comment
8. ^ Examiner's Statement of Reasons for Allowance
9. □ Other.
ff R s €AfcfcAHAN
WlSORY PATENT FXAMIMPp
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
PTOL-37 (Rev. 7-05)
Notice of Allowability
NoVMail Date 20050914
Application/Control Number: 1 0/829, 1 00 Page 2
Art Unit: 2816
REASONS FOR ALLOWANCE
1 . The following is an examiner's statement of reasons for allowance: the prior art of record
fails to disclose an apparatus comprising elements being configured as recited in claims.
Specifically, none of the prior art teaches or fairly suggests, among other things, the following
- maintains the output signal above a first threshold when the output terminal is in the
high impedance state for less than a first period and the clock signal detection is a first
state when the output signal is above the first threshold and is a second state when the
output signal is below the first threshold wherein the output signal decreases below the
first threshold when the output terminal is in the high impedance state for greater than
or equal to the first period as required by claim 1 .
- a third and a fifth circuit as required by claims 3 and 6.
- the clock signal detection is a first state when the output signal is above the first
threshold and is a second state when the output signal is below the first threshold wherein
the output signal decreases below the first threshold when the output terminal is in the
high impedance state for greater than or equal to the first period and an impedance
element disposed between the output terminal of the first circuit and a potential source
having a potential that is different from the predetermined potential determines the first
period as required by claim 5.
Any comments considered necessary by applicant must be submitted no later than the
payment of the issue fee and, to avoid processing delays, should preferably accompany the issue
Application/Control Number: 10/829,100
Art Unit: 2816
fee. Such submissions should be clearly labeled "Comments on Statement of Reasons for
2. Any inquiry concerning this communication or earlier communications from the
examiner should be directed to An T. Luu whose telephone number is 571-272-1746. The
examiner can normally be reached on 7:30-5:00.
If attempts to reach the examiner by telephone are unsuccessful, the examiner's
supervisor, Timothy P. Callahan can be reached on 571-272-1740. The fax phone number for
the organization where this application or proceeding is assigned is 571-273-8300.
Information regarding the status of an application may be obtained from the Patent
Application Information Retrieval (PAIR) system. Status information for published applications
may be obtained from either Private PAIR or Public PAIR. Status information for unpublished
applications is available through Private PAIR only. For more information about the PAIR
system, see http://pair-direct.uspto.gov. Should you have questions on access to the Private PAIR
system, contact the Electronic Business Center (EBC) at 866-217-9197 (toll-free).
An T. Luu