HP Photosmart 370 series
Unpack the printer
Remove the tape from inside and around the printer.
The printer box contains the following items:
1 . HP Photosmart 370 series printer
2. Setup Guide (this poster)
3. User's Guide
4. HP Photosmart software on CD
5. Tri-color print cartridge
6. Sample media pack and resealable media bag
7. Power supply (power supplies may vary in
appearance or have an additional power cord)
Note: Some contents may vary by country/ region.
2 Plug in the power cord
1 . Connect the power cord to the bock of the printer.
2. Plug the power cord into a working electrical
3 Turn on the printer
1 . Press On to turn on the printer.
2. When Select language appears on the printer
screen, press or ▼ to highlight your language.
3. Press OK to select your language and continue.
4. When Set LCD language to (your language)
appears on the printer screen, press or ▼ to
5. Press OK to select Yes and continue.
6. When Select country/region appears on the
printer screen, press or ▼ to highlight your
7. Press OK to select your country/ region.
4 Remove the tape on the
1 . Open the print cartridge package.
2. Pull the pink pull-tab to remove the clear tape from
the print cartridge.
Install the print cartridge
1 . Open the Out tray, then open the print cartridge
2. Insert the Tri-color print cartridge into the print
cartridge cradle with the label on top, the copper-
colored contacts facing toward the inside of the
printer, and the ink nozzles facing down.
3. Push the print cartridge into the cradle until it
snaps into place.
4. Close the print cartridge access door.
6 Print an alignment page
1 . Open the In tray as far as it will go.
2. Load an index card from the sample pack.
Adjust the paper-width guide to fit close to the
edges of the index card without bending the card.
Press OK. An alignment page prints on the index
card. Printing an alignment page ensures high
Discard the page.
7 Print your first photo
1 . Place a few sheets of photo paper in the In tray
with the glossy side facing toward you. If you are
using tabbed paper, insert it so the tabbed end
feeds in last.
2. Adjust the paper-width guide to fit close to the
edges of the paper without bending the paper.
3. Insert a memory card into the correct Memory
Note: The memory card will not insert all the way
into the printer. When the memory card is inserted
correctly, the Memory Card light flashes and then
remains solid green.
4. Press ◄ or ► to view the photos.
5. Press OK to select a photo, then press Print to print
your first photo.
Need more information?
For more information, see the following:
HP Photosmart 370 series User's Guide
Onscreen HP Photosmart Printer Help
Printed in USA 06/04 vl .0.0 • Printed on recycled paper
© 2004 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.